Animals that kill

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Animals that kill

Postby ULGMsean » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 am

I know rabbits, hare, and crickets stops attacking when your KO'd while bears and snakes continue's attacking even if your KO'd right?
how bout beavers and deers?
"Oblivion | Dramatic Trance"
-ESTi
ULGMsean

Re: Animals that kill

Postby Uberness » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:12 am

no animals actually kill you, if you're ko'ed by an animal you'll respawn at your leanto shortly even if you were attacked again after you were ko'ed...but so far the only thing that has attacked me after a ko was a snake when I was ko'ed running after being bitten and ran out of phlegm.
Uberness

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Snakes and bears can aggro you.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Uberness » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:32 am

Sevenless wrote:Snakes and bears can aggro you.

lol guess you're overworked helping out all of us noobs, thats nowhere near what was being asked! he was asking about animals that attack again after you get ko'ed...
Uberness

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 am

Yeah I'm pretty exhausted. Not actually from forum work, it's a medical thing. My apologies.

There was a recent update that makes actual "death" related only to a special attack move given when you acquire murder. Damage has nothing to do with it anymore. So it doesn't even matter if animals continue to beat on you since they couldn't kill either way.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby saska123321 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 am

Sevenless wrote:Snakes and bears can aggro you.

I'm not sure if bears are not working correctly yet, or what, but on multiple occasions i have found that bears have never attacked me.
Not sure if this is luck or what..
The only easy day, was yesterday.
saska123321

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:34 am

saska123321 wrote:luck

^^
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Bears will aggro when they do that roar if you're within the attack range of it. I'm not sure on the exact range, but I think it's 5 tiles or so. Due to bears being over-aggressive and basically killing every other animal in sight, the roar is now a fairly rare thing outside combat. As such your chance of being aggroed by a bear is pretty low.
Sevenless

Postby milonti » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 pm

In addition to al thats been said its been speculated/discussed that the devs might make "darkness" animals able to kill you. But thats pretty much all talk at this point, especially since there arent any darkness animals yet.
milonti

Return to Help!