About reset or such

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

About reset or such

Postby Aetherium » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm

The game is in beta stage isnt it? so will there be reroll when the beta ends? and if there will be will the silver you buy be refunded?
I was thinking to invest in this game but im not sure if i should do that yet or wait for beta to end. since i wouldnt want to loose my money :)
Aetherium

Re: About reset or such

Postby Qukatt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 pm

no planned reset. any silver you buy will reappear in your bank upon a wipe.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby LeftyRighty » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm curious... what are you looking to "invest" silver in?

I only ask because I'm curious about the RL economy of the game; and the way I've been playing I've reach a point where I'm self sufficient and don't seem to need to worry about silver. I'm also one of those annoying (at least to the devs of games like this) people who is patient and has sufficient time to pootle along without needing to spend RL cash ;)
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby Qukatt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:48 pm

LeftyRighty wrote:I'm curious... what are you looking to "invest" silver in?

I only ask because I'm curious about the RL economy of the game; and the way I've been playing I've reach a point where I'm self sufficient and don't seem to need to worry about silver. I'm also one of those annoying (at least to the devs of games like this) people who is patient and has sufficient time to pootle along without needing to spend RL cash ;)

I would think the smartest investment would be the highest purity dowsing rod that you could persuade someone to part with so you don't have to grind that up yourself and just make your first claim over a darn good first mine :)
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby kfv7 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 pm

LeftyRighty wrote:I'm curious... what are you looking to "invest" silver in?

I used to think like you when I was younger and didnt have a constant income of money. But once you have it, I dont see the point of not suporting the games you like. With no funds the games will close, and you will have to move on to games that maybe are not that good, or they just arent what you expected thems to be.
kfv7

Postby LeftyRighty » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 am

There still has to be a drive within the game to get the customer to want to pay RL cash... unless you're just talking about throwing RL cash at needy causes? I know we're in development so the economy and cash shop are basically placeholders; but it's something of interest to watch where it goes. :)
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 pm

LeftyRighty wrote: I know we're in development so the economy and cash shop are basically placeholders; but it's something of interest to watch where it goes. :)

I wouldn't call them placeholders. It's going to be the way things are done. will there be some serious balancing? Quite likely.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!