Useful Links & Such

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Useful Links & Such

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah, I'll remove completely out of date or wrong information, but if you have issues with colesie's thread, might take it up with him there. Overall, it's the best "base defense" post that I'm aware of at the moment. Unless you can show me better or make better, that is enough to keep it for now, I think.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kralith » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:24 pm

milonti wrote:Salem Wikis:
http://salemwiki.info -- note: not updated frequently, but still listed as most of the other wiki was copy-pasted from here.
http://www.salem-wiki.com/

This information is out of date.
Maybe salem-wiki has copy-pasted.
But now it is the wiki thats near up2date.
The "old" Wiki salemwiki.info has get his last update in October 2014.
Maybe you should change the information about the most useful wiki?
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Procne » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Kralith wrote:
milonti wrote:Salem Wikis:
http://salemwiki.info -- note: not updated frequently, but still listed as most of the other wiki was copy-pasted from here.
http://www.salem-wiki.com/

This information is out of date.
Maybe salem-wiki has copy-pasted.
But now it is the wiki thats near up2date.
The "old" Wiki salemwiki.info has get his last update in October 2014.
Maybe you should change the information about the most useful wiki?

Tribe wiki is still inaccesible for many european players most of the time.
Procne

Postby Kralith » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 am

Yes, this i have noticed.
But the previous wiki is not uptodate.
What a vicious circle. ;)
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:37 pm

proxies around us generally work for me when the wiki is down for my location. Something fishy with the host, I suppose.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 am

I'm keeping it there as is for now as someone may actually want to update it due to the problems with connections, not to mention the fact that many of us early members put a lot of work into the first wiki and it was only copy-pasted, and not mirrored as would be most appropriate when hosting your own copy of a wiki. The Tribe wiki wasn't originally supposed to be public from what I understand, which is why pages were copied, and not the whole of the database.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby McTc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:I'm keeping it there as is for now as someone may actually want to update it due to the problems with connections, not to mention the fact that many of us early members put a lot of work into the first wiki and it was only copy-pasted, and not mirrored as would be most appropriate when hosting your own copy of a wiki. The Tribe wiki wasn't originally supposed to be public from what I understand, which is why pages were copied, and not the whole of the database.

Cant there just be one wiki. merge the two to one and keep updateing only one.
McTc

Postby Procne » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 am

McTc wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I'm keeping it there as is for now as someone may actually want to update it due to the problems with connections, not to mention the fact that many of us early members put a lot of work into the first wiki and it was only copy-pasted, and not mirrored as would be most appropriate when hosting your own copy of a wiki. The Tribe wiki wasn't originally supposed to be public from what I understand, which is why pages were copied, and not the whole of the database.

There used to be one wiki but chief and mereni decided they want their own. Ask them why they decided to split it into 2 wikis instead of simply updating the old one.
Procne

Postby McTc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 am

Procne wrote:
McTc wrote:

There used to be one wiki but chief and mereni decided they want their own. Ask them why they decided to split it into 2 wikis instead of simply updating the old one.

Well we know why they did that, but theese reasons are not valid any more and there is no need for that any more.

So tribe copyd, made mess, and now it's time to clean up the mess that tribe made.
I'm sure chief will reward the person or persons who will clean that up
McTc

Postby Procne » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 am

McTc wrote:I'm sure chief will reward the person or persons who will clean that up

And I think he likes the current situation where he can control what is on the wiki. For example, if he wishes to, he can simply remove / block any info about witchcraft. So that it always remains a mystery.
As a community we have failed here really hard. We had an independent and reliable wiki and we gave it away.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to Help!