Useful Links & Such

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Useful Links & Such

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:14 pm

reeper_aut wrote:is there any live map of salem?

both links seem to be corrupted.
#1 doesn't load the map
#2 won't load any page

At this point, no. We've left the links up for now hoping someone would fix them, but I'll unlink. (If they're still linked on the wiki, someone will need to fix it there if they've really gone bad.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jwhitehorn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:21 pm

reeper_aut wrote:is there any live map of salem?

both links seem to be corrupted.
#1 doesn't load the map
#2 won't load any page

The live map of Plymouth is available to treaty payers who are current on their treaty.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:37 am

jwhitehorn wrote:The live map of Plymouth is available to treaty payers who are current on their treaty.

Unless you have a link to provide, it's not much help to the person asking, even more so if he/she isn't on Plymouth. ;)
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:46 am

MagicManICT wrote:Unless you have a link to provide, it's not much help to the person asking, even more so if he/she isn't on Plymouth. ;)

He is on Plymouth, and he had an active Treaty payment a few months ago. Hence the extreme relevance of my advice.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Annahstas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:13 am

I was told there is a mapping program that you run whilst you explore and creates the map. Is this true and if so can you add that to the links? I have been searching for it in the forums? If it's not real that is a major bummer :/
"If you live to be one hundred, I hope to live to be one hundred minus a day; so I will never have to live one day without you." ~Winnie The Pooh Bear
Annahstas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:00 am

Annahstas wrote:I was told there is a mapping program that you run whilst you explore and creates the map. Is this true and if so can you add that to the links? I have been searching for it in the forums? If it's not real that is a major bummer :/

Most of the modded clients save the map tiles in a cache. These cached files are then viewable with a simple HTML and JavaScript page. (I don't know of any that don't cache map tiles, but can't guarantee that all do as it's not a default behavior in the standard client.) What you need then is a program or script to organize them together into a larger map. There are some utilities in Artifice & Arcana. I thought one or two of them were linked in this thread's OP. I guess not.

Here's at least one of the possible tools. You'll need to dig around to see what else there is. I'm not a mapper, so I don't mess with these things. Someone else with more knowledge on which tools do what can probably point you to a variety depending on your exact need. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5995
MagicManICT

Postby Khaztropix » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:47 am

Please add the new wiki under the "Salem Wiki" section of the original post.

www.salem-wiki.com
Khaztropix
Prince of the Gingerbread Men
I ride horse with Gods
Khaztropix

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 am

Kandarim's Client should also be on here.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:42 am

Thanks for the reminder. Both added.

APXEOLOG no longer supports his client, and it's out of date, correct?
MagicManICT

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:48 am

MagicManICT wrote:APXEOLOG no longer supports his client, and it's out of date, correct?

Not quite sure. But if you are removing out of date stuff you might want to remove the Base Defense guide that is littered with bad info like "leaving spaces between your braziers" etc.

As well as stuff like this:

Colesie wrote:Alt bodies can not be picked up or moved when killed and if they are KO'd on a personal claim instead of in combat, only people with claim rights are able to send the player home. This means that by using alt bodies you are able to protect your base for a little while longer.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

PreviousNext

Return to Help!