Needing a few humour recipes

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Needing a few humour recipes

Postby Superiodity » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Basically I'm looking for 2-3 recipes for each humour, my humours are all around level 25 and the recipes I used to get to that point are no longer efficient enough.
I have most of the cooking/butchering skills but haven't got access to pumpkins/flour and that sort of stuff. (mostly the wiki suggestions).

I've been trying to experiment with a few but the results are often too random for me to get accurate readings, mushrooms on a stick and witches hat are still quite good for black bile though.

Would anyone be so kind as to offer suggestions for new recipes for me to use?

{Note, I've recently caught lots of fish and got plenty of steaks/cuts to use}
Superiodity

Re: Needing a few humour recipes

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 am

You really need flour and pumpkins unless you want your life to be a living hell trying to get much higher. Mushroom pies are blood/yellow, pumpkin pies are phlegm, and cabbage cakes are black. That's every attribute in the game raised by 3 baking related recipes :P
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Superiodity » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:30 am

Thanks, guess I better get started on pumpkin and cereal farms.
( and a windmill, 400 stones -_- )
Superiodity

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:32 am

Superiodity wrote:Thanks, guess I better get started on pumpkin and cereal farms.

Just use the boston windmills for now. Until that gets an actual mechanic, it's no cost at all :3
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby skyzefawlun » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:33 am

Superiodity wrote:Thanks, guess I better get started on pumpkin and cereal farms.

Or you could use the windmills in Boston...
skyzefawlun

Postby Superiodity » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 am

Thought they were just for show, thanks for tip.
(So why would anyone build a windmill rather than use the one in Boston other than to save a bit of walking?)
Superiodity

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:03 am

Currently, no other reason. We assume that'll be changed in the future since this is still a beta.
Sevenless

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 am

i would go with aztez abbatoirs over muchroom pies for blood./yellow
Darwoth

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:16 am

Darwoth wrote:i would go with aztez abbatoirs over muchroom pies for blood./yellow

That's an honest debate. Now if we're talking abbatoirs over shroom stuffed, I can buy that since the abattoir is more reliable. Eat time might be important and I don't know the speed of the abbatoir. But the real key with mushi pies is that they are very easy to mass produce on demand, whereas abbatoirs require peppers and pumpkins to be saved up.

I just wonder if the ease of making mushi pies outweighs the fact that abbatoirs are better.
Sevenless

Return to Help!