Lots of questions

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Lots of questions

Postby AAngle101 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm

I've searched for some of these and decided to place them all together (the ones I couldn't find answers)
1) What is a crowberry stalk? - I just picked one up
2) Is there any way of telling where your randomly dropped off in relation to Boston other than just walk northeast till you find it again?
3) In relation to 2), how does one setup a meeting for trade or is that only in Boston?
4) Is there any way to remember the questions I've thought of and forgotten? (ugh, I hate not writing things down)

I am enjoying the beta so far. There is a lot more depth than I realized.
AAngle101

Re: Lots of questions

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:47 pm

1) berry that can be used in recipes requiring "any berry" like berry on a straw

2)
a) Walk around until you figure out some landmarks and check the world map
b) Party someone and check the direction of the arrow to boston

3) Only in boston, also safest since in boston you can't pvp each other.

4) Not... being forgetful...?
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby AAngle101 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Fair enough - thought those were the cases.
thanks
AAngle101

Postby AAngle101 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Next one - how can one tell if a 'camp' with no lean-to or settlement is still occupied?
I found 3 such places that I would have made a settlement yet do not want to take an area someone else lives.
I wouldn't be asking this had the areas have sawbucks since I have not obtained any nails just yet
AAngle101

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:07 pm

AAngle101 wrote:Next one - how can one tell if a 'camp' with no lean-to or settlement is still occupied?
I found 3 such places that I would have made a settlement yet do not want to take an area someone else lives.
I wouldn't be asking this had the areas have sawbucks since I have not obtained any nails just yet

You can never tell exactly. All you can do is guess. For all you know, the guy could be on two weeks vacation but a daily player otherwise. What you can look for is a lean-to without a homestead claim attached (the piece of paper). Anything else really isn't reclaimable, though you could steal from the claim and hope nobody comes tracking you down. (Not worth it, IMO.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Uberness » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 am

since this thread was titled lots of questions, I'm going to use it:

I've searched the forum and checked the wiki and can't seem to find an answer to this, can wood plugs be used instead of nails in the buildings that need them?
Uberness

Postby staxjax » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 am

Uberness wrote:since this thread was titled lots of questions, I'm going to use it:

I've searched the forum and checked the wiki and can't seem to find an answer to this, can wood plugs be used instead of nails in the buildings that need them?

No.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Uberness » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 pm

when foragable items are on the edge of a cliff(and you do the superman pose trying to get them) will digging allow them to be picked or is it just wasted phlegm?
Uberness

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Uberness wrote:when foragable items are on the edge of a cliff(and you do the superman pose trying to get them) will digging allow them to be picked or is it just wasted phlegm?

Yes.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Uberness » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:37 am

does having foraging turned on increase the chances of finding things in old logs/stumps, or is that completely random?
Uberness

Next

Return to Help!