My Wife and me wanna play with one IP

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: My Wife and me wanna play with one IP

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Part of that is the terms for Paradox Plaza, too, which doesn't allow for more than one forum account per person. (If I recall correctly...) However, unless you get called into question, I don't think it's strictly checked. (One could ask TotalyMoo about that as he's the official Paradox person here.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby milonti » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:41 am

Errm I'm sorry, but you cant both connect to the internet at the same time if you only have one IP address. If you both can connect at the same time (which you should be able to if you have a router) you have more than one IP address. So if thats the case, you're home free.
milonti

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:45 am

milonti wrote:Errm I'm sorry, but you cant both connect to the internet at the same time if you only have one IP address. If you both can connect at the same time (which you should be able to if you have a router) you have more than one IP address. So if thats the case, you're home free.

Some games only look at the IP address of the router itself, not the home computers, and considers them the same thing. It's a bit of a layover though, that issue isn't bothered with by many games anymore because it blocked a lot of places like people playing from work or school.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 am

some? most, if not all.

your internet connection is one public IP address. the computers on your local network have private IP addresses. your router does NAT and allows you to connect multiple computers to the internet or other networks.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby painhertz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:37 am

MagicManICT wrote:The only games I'm aware of with multi-account rules are what I would call "MMORTS" games--Stronghold Kingdoms, etc. Always check the TOS to be sure. If it's not mentioned, you're good to go.

Funny you say that, I play on Worlds 1, 2 ,4 and 5 of Stronghold Kingdoms all with the same steam account. Unless you mean multiple accounts per world. (Which I know for a fact is still done.)
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:30 am

painhertz wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:The only games I'm aware of with multi-account rules are what I would call "MMORTS" games--Stronghold Kingdoms, etc. Always check the TOS to be sure. If it's not mentioned, you're good to go.

Funny you say that, I play on Worlds 1, 2 ,4 and 5 of Stronghold Kingdoms all with the same steam account. Unless you mean multiple accounts per world. (Which I know for a fact is still done.)

It was an example of a game recently that came to mind. Yeah, you can play on different worlds, but according to the TOS, you aren't supposed to have more than one account per world. I've no idea how good they are at policing it. Other MMORTS games I've played have really policed the policy hard (Travian is the only one I stuck with for any length of time, and ran into quite a few players that got busted for it).
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby MrGemini » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks foryour Answers it helped much =)
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Previous

Return to Help!