Indian cotton

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Indian cotton

Postby palamnaeuss » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:10 pm

I have a question about tear of cotton.
Wiki says tear goes yellow-stained/indian/egyptian/sea island.
I made cereal to 70% so I should be getting cotton tear 2 (if I get agriculture right, 50-100% is tear 2). but 3 times in a row I get several yellow-stained and several egyptian.
did they swap egyptian and indian? or do I do something wrong so I get tear 3 instead of tear 2?
I'm still new and check wiki for everything. but I know that lots of stuff changed and wiki is still not fully updated. so if anyone clarify this for me :)
ty in advance
palamnaeuss

Re: Indian cotton

Postby Droj » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:27 pm

50-100 in Green will give you a mix of Yellow-stained and Egyptian.
50-100 in Red will give you a mix of Yellow-stained and Indian.

This changes again around 150-200

Green > Red will give you a mix of Sea Island and Indian
Red > Green will give you a mix of Sea Island and Egyptian.

The actual ratio depends on the sum of the two bars.

fe 160 out of 200 will give 20% Sea Island compared to 195 out of 200 will give 90% Sea Island.

A plenty of 200% in a sum of 180 will give an estimated 6 Sea Island cottons and 4 of t2 cotton. (depends on which bar is greater in number) 10 cottons in total.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Glennfinnan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Droj wrote:A plenty of 200% in a sum of 180 will give an estimated 6 Sea Island cottons and 4 of t2 cotton. (depends on which bar is greater in number) 10 cottons in total.

A plenty of 2000% you mean?
Glennfinnan

Postby Droj » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Glennfinnan wrote:
Droj wrote:A plenty of 200% in a sum of 180 will give an estimated 6 Sea Island cottons and 4 of t2 cotton. (depends on which bar is greater in number) 10 cottons in total.

A plenty of 2000% you mean?

No 200% as originally wrote. Cottons, not Cotton cloth
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Glennfinnan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Ahh, right, sorry, thought you mean cloth.
Glennfinnan

Postby JeffGV » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:21 pm

And now i understand why i get only egyptian cotton. Wonder why such an important info about the mechanics isn't in the wiki, though.
JeffGV

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm

JeffGV wrote:And now i understand why i get only egyptian cotton. Wonder why such an important info about the mechanics isn't in the wiki, though.

Because much of what is on the wiki is there as the devs gave the original (thus the quotes from jorb) or as players have tried to figure it out. It also requires people that are willing to contribute their knowledge. I keep telling people that if they aren't comfortable with editing a wiki (it's not hard) to post it on the forums and some kind soul will put it on the wiki.

At a minimum, anyone can type up an article just like a post here and not worry about the formatting. Some wiki guru will come behind and make it look pretty if that's the case.

What is listed as t2/t3 are the same tier. I think Droj's explanation is better than the one I saw previously, though.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 pm

This was explained to the players originally as "completely random". Hence the confusion.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby palamnaeuss » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:26 pm

ty a lot Droj, very nice explanation :D
palamnaeuss

Postby LeftyRighty » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
JeffGV wrote:And now i understand why i get only egyptian cotton. Wonder why such an important info about the mechanics isn't in the wiki, though.

Because much of what is on the wiki is there as the devs gave the original (thus the quotes from jorb) or as players have tried to figure it out. It also requires people that are willing to contribute their knowledge. I keep telling people that if they aren't comfortable with editing a wiki (it's not hard) to post it on the forums and some kind soul will put it on the wiki.

At a minimum, anyone can type up an article just like a post here and not worry about the formatting. Some wiki guru will come behind and make it look pretty if that's the case.

What is listed as t2/t3 are the same tier. I think Droj's explanation is better than the one I saw previously, though.

Kind soul reporting... or at least the one that derp'd the cotton pages by removing the "typo" 1-2-2-3 whilst reworking the format and templates on the cotton (and other crop) pages... ooops :oops:

Can someone confirm that this "combination of bars influences which tier 2 output" holds for the other crops as well? and if so could someone post which bars (by colour) influences which output? PM me or post on here would be great.

edit: derp reversed on the wiki... would still like more info on which bars lead to which tier 2 product.
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Next

Return to Help!