KO'd in abandoned claim

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

KO'd in abandoned claim

Postby skyzefawlun » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:14 am

So... as the title of the thread would imply, I just got KO'd in a claim that has sat untouched for several weeks, obviously abandoned. I was poking around seeing how much work it would be to reclaim the land, and hit a massive lag spike and when I came out of it, was on the ground seeing stars.

So, did I just lose two weeks worth of 12+ hours days because of a lag spike? Is there seriously nothing that can be done? I'm almost 100% sure that the owner will never come back, seeing as nothing had been touched in at least two weeks. Please tell me there is something that can be done...
skyzefawlun

Re: KO'd in abandoned claim

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:18 am

Unless a friendly raider comes by with murder, you'll be able to play again after 24hrs of KO time. But either way, your home/claim if you have one will be inheritable, so no you didn't lose everything.

I hope you learned your lesson about black activiites. Don't ***** with em if you can't tolerate the possible consequences.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby skyzefawlun » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:20 am

Well, I guess I'll be doing something else for the next 24 hours... I guess I learned my lesson... don't try to clean up other people's messes when the servers are laggy...

Thanks for the speedy response!
skyzefawlun

Postby painhertz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 am

skyzefawlun wrote:Well, I guess I'll be doing something else for the next 24 hours... I guess I learned my lesson... don't try to clean up other people's messes when the servers are laggy...

Thanks for the speedy response!

No, don't tresspass if you don;t have high enough black bile.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Droj » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:35 am

Poor lag, it's getting blamed for everything these days.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 am

Droj wrote:Poor lag, it's getting blamed for everything these days.

nah, it has always been either "lag" or "bug" that gets blamed first. poor twins.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby skyzefawlun » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Are you guys really trying to argue that the server hasn't been lagging pretty badly at times? Wow.

I guess the five or so of us playing together on teamspeak that have all been getting 5 second plus simultaneous lag spikes where the game becomes unresponsive then struggles to catch up with the input we put in during that lag spike have all been making it up as a cover story as well, huh?

Thanks for all jumping into the thread to call me a liar guys, I can feel the love!
skyzefawlun

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:26 pm

nah, i dont think i called you a liar.
or did i?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Claim drain is very very small per time unit. Even 30 straight seconds of lag is only 3.0 BB at most. You were very low stated or low on your softcap humours to be messing around with a claim, and the game taught you a lesson because of it.

And 2 weeks of 12 hour days really isn't much in terms of the community you're talking to. Most of us are hardcore gamers of one variety or the other, and have easily put in many multiples of time beyond what you would lose on what is honestly a beginner character if a claim could KO it that quickly.

My personal "big" character loss was 4 months of 10hours a day in haven, and that's pretty chicken **** compared to what others have lost here.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby skyzefawlun » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Yup, lesson learned.
skyzefawlun

Return to Help!