Question regarding Purity

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Question regarding Purity

Postby Stannoman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

I recently heard some stuff about implementing purity and then getting rid of purity again.
My question: Does the purity of dowsing rods still have any use? Was it perhaps something else that was removed or changed?
Basically I have been trying to find a mine nearby using a 0% Pure Woo-Woo-Rod, I haven't found anything in hours, while trying out the tactics described on the wiki, and forums. I read that if you use different purity rods, you find different nodes, so if I used for example 4% dowsing rods, would I theoretically find different nodes? Or was, like I said before, something changed with all this purity stuff and now it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance.
Stannoman

Re: Question regarding Purity

Postby milonti » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Different purity values of dowsing rods will find different mines. They find mines with similar elemental composition to the rods, which means of similar (and possibly higher) purity.
milonti

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 pm

You find different sets of mines with different purity rods. So you might have a mine near you of a different purity than 0%

Dowsing is also kinda tricky. Just walk in a grid pattern.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Stannoman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks guys! Clear answers.
Stannoman

Return to Help!