Can't build in location...

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Can't build in location...

Postby chanpod » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 am

http://i.imgur.com/NzBdb.jpg

I can't build a house in that location... You'll notice the other 3 houses are there...it's flattened (as noticeable from the flattening tool) and that is our claimed land. it's like the game suddenly decided "F' you and your houses" however, we did just get raided (notice we only have one wall, just started 2.5 weeks ago) Any suggestions?
chanpod

Re: Can't build in location...

Postby chanpod » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:31 am

It occured to me that this may be a bug...if so, move thread to bugs section?
chanpod

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 am

There's a specific direction in which corner posts have a larger hit box than in any of the other directions. This is probably what's causing your issue.

It was a bug found by trimoon in Pre-Com. Since it's already reported we'll leave it in the help section.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby pushedx » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am

In that same exact type of forest and ground tiles, I had to dig up all the "red/orange" leaf tiles to make them "dirt" to place certain buildings (in my case, a Kiln).

Try to dig down at a point, then once you get the dirt on your head, ctrl + drop it back to make it all dirt.
pushedx

Postby Korencek » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:33 am

Or lay a stone where you want to build a house.
Korencek

Postby chanpod » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 pm

ok so yea, it's the stupid leaves.............................................................. That's frustrating
chanpod

Return to Help!