Advice on what to do next

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Advice on what to do next

Postby Chris0464 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:17 pm

well, logged on this morning to find a hole in my stone wall and pretty much everything I owned, apart from furniture items, stolen. Not "QQ"ing or anything, just fairly new (1 week old character) and want some advice on what people should think I do next.

Situation at the moment is that the hole has been patched but whoever broke in has decided to set up a leanto with homestead around 10 tiles to the north. I think this distance is too far away to extend my claim, as it'll be too costly right now. I have a single stone wall surrounding most of my claim, with very little silver and a crate full of clay, no torchposts, as I have been told theyre not worth the cost. I can't build braziers, as I dont have the skill, nor the "rights of the englishman", nor enough resources to build any with so...

what would you do in my shoes? move elsewhere and found a new claim? all suggestions welcome! :D
Chris0464

Re: Advice on what to do next

Postby Gloomy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Personally, I'd take the opportunity to find a better location. There are a lot of cool places to explore and settle in this game, why not do it when you're "young" and have nothing to lose?

Chances are that this guy will come back to visit in the future, so the only other options are to get very serious about your defense or to go on offense with help.
Gloomy

Postby staxjax » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 pm

I would jump in IRC and find a ranger or two to teach this guy a lesson. Of course, this will require you to either a)lead the ranger to your location so they can collect scents/evidence, or b)find location of the perp and give evidence to the ranger via Boston.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Go buy another homestead charter and plop it over his homestead, rather than expand your own. It may be cheaper. If not, build and place **** all over the homestead. Like turkey coops (are those still invincible?) or a ***** of stones. Non-violent offensive is always fun.
milonti

Postby Chris0464 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, have nothing of great interest at the location I'm currently at really, apart from all the cool stuff I've built :D

Thinking therefore of moving to another location, probably pay a guide to send me somewhere random and look for one of these fancy coniferous forests I've been hearing so much about, or a decent sized swamp would be nice.

As enticing as the idea of going on the offensive sounds I think I'll pass, still new to the game and he'll likely be coming back often, possibly with friends; going to take way too long to get more walls up and get my first brazier up too :?
Chris0464

Return to Help!