Kind of new to this game

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Kind of new to this game

Postby tonyhk32 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:42 am

Hi everyone, I just started this game around a week ago. I would like some advice on how should I build my wealth and what kind of things should I focus on?
I currently have :

========Skill========
Agriculture
Carpentry
Childish Things
Coaling
Coffer Making
Colonial Tradesmanship
Essential Mineralogy
Exploration
Fishing
Flowers & Berries
Foraging
Gardening
Hideworking
Hiking
Indian Tracking
Kiln Construction
Literacy
Lore of The Lumberwoods
Metallurgy
Mining
Mushroom Hunting
Nuts & Seeds
Pottery
Prospecting
Quarrying
Self-Defense
Settling
Simple Cooking
Simple Fences
Small Game Hunting
Survival Skills
Swimming
Whittling
======Gluttony========
Blood 18
Phlegm 7
Yellow bile 8
Black bile 24

I currently working on this coal project which I have started around 20 Coal Clamps which is coming off in 1-2 days, as my current settlement location has no water and lime which made me want to switch to somewhere else so I can mine, plant and farm.

I would like to know what should I focus on first at this moment of time?

Thanks

Tony
tonyhk32

Re: Kind of new to this game

Postby Bait » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 am

even your humours asap
Bait

Postby tonyhk32 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 am

but blue and yellow seems hard to raise =<
tonyhk32

Postby Bolillo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:11 am

Bait wrote:even your humours asap

This. You are going to use yellow bile for combat and blue for doing virtually everything. Try the wiki or Sevenless Guide for a tip on wich food raises each humour :D

Edit: Also, i think this should go in the Help section
It puts more humus in the fields or it gets the hose again
Bolillo

Postby LeftyRighty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:59 am

tonyhk32 wrote:but blue and yellow seems hard to raise =<

rabbits and crickets... you've got small game hunting and decent enough blood so you should be able to punch a cricket to death. Look up wortbaked warbite recipe on the wiki, it's one of the better YB boosters. Roasted rabbit meat is also a good starting P food, couple that with wild salads (you'll need grassland and shore for this one) and you're golden.
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:22 pm

The problem with your biles is that they are not even. To raise any bile that is not Black Bile you need 24 points now, since that is your current maximum. That suddenly puts a lot of the noob foods out of the equation, as they simply can't go that high.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Biles is not a problem. I got 12 max bile some days ago and i still could make everything (except big-animals hunting, but it is quite useless)

I think you should find nice place to live. As for me it is good to have mine and laim and some nice foraging biom around. Water is not a problem, also if you will play in team (or you have 2 accounts) other resources you can easily transport through boston. Build everything for farming/cooking, setup defence with at least double stone wall and 5 brazerz and then you can start some advanced actions like greifing, exploration, finding high-purity ore and so on. Or you can just wait for new content while increasing your biles and skills :)
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Most of what you eat should be the * food

Phlegm- Rabbit cuts*, lean rabbit, wild salad* (with flowers and berries skill), milkweed and garlic

YB - Fish in the Reeds, Shrooms on a Stick (Mushroom Hunting), Lavendar Bluets*, Lobster Mushroom

For yb eat at least one shroom on a stick or fish in the reeds before gorging on lavendar bluets. With max foraging lavendars are quite common in dark forests.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Help!