Losing Homestead/Leanto afte rbear attack

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Losing Homestead/Leanto afte rbear attack

Postby Merowig » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello

a bear got me - but instead of waking up at my leanto/homestead - I respawned in Boston - tried to travel back to my homestead - says I have none.

So after bear attacks you lose your homestead (didn't have a claim) ?
Merowig
Customer

Re: Losing Homestead/Leanto afte rbear attack

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Then you never had a homestead in the first place. When you build a lean-to or claim, you have to manually set it as a homestead. For a lean-to, just right-click it and "make homestead" comes up as an option. For a claim, open the interface window (right click), and there's a check box on the bottom you select to designate it as your homestead.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Merowig » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 am

I got the one homestead which was assigned to me through the guide at the beginning. I teleported several times in the past to that one (also after been knocked out by snakes). So I had definetly one.

I still wonder if that is a bug or a feature - as after been knocked out by snakes I woke up at the homestead - killed now by a bear - homestead gone....

Edit: I logged out during the bear attack - did this trigger the deletion of my homestead perhaps?
Merowig
Customer

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 am

If it was not covered by a personal claim, it may have very well ate a nasty decay tick and was destroyed. It was purely coincidental that it happened during the same timeframe that you were KO'd by a bear.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 am

Or someone demolished it with the waste skill. A leanto that is.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby belibutn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 am

Sevenless wrote:Or someone demolished it with the waste skill. A leanto that is.

This is most likely the case. I, too, lost my new lean-to recently. After walking back to where I had built it I saw that it was destroyed and someone else had built stuff there.
belibutn

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 am

They're doing it to destroy the homestead and then drop stuff. Hoping the newb will try to respawn on the leanto spot and be sent to boston.

It's one way to force people out of an area. Noobs recently built and claimed ontop of my salt foraging sand area. I'm less than pleased.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:57 am

or, its possible the bear attacked youre leanto and bashed it down, out of rage.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:or, its possible the bear attacked youre leanto and bashed it down, out of rage.

Funny, and if this were Haven, it'd be believable, even. I don't think anyone has reported bears breaking things here yet, so no idea if they actually can.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Merowig » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:20 am

ok thanks for all your replies!
Merowig
Customer

Next

Return to Help!