Losing Homestead/Leanto afte rbear attack

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Losing Homestead/Leanto afte rbear attack

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:27 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:or, its possible the bear attacked youre leanto and bashed it down, out of rage.

Funny, and if this were Haven, it'd be believable, even. I don't think anyone has reported bears breaking things here yet, so no idea if they actually can.

I have never heard of animals attacking buildings, but I have never heard anyone state that they cant...
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Re: Losing Homestead/Leanto afte rbear attack

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah, that was my point. In haven, boar, deer, and bear could break through anything without any soak, which was any fence, most outdoor tools (ovens, kilns, etc), and most especially construction signs. If that is never added, I'll be content. However, it could be a possibility in the future. Just to note a bit of history on it: it was added as people would trap animals in construction signs and hunt from boats with slings minimizing the danger of interacting with the animal. Once it was added, there were some bugs in animal AI/pathing, and so it still worked most of the time, but not always.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Help!