Restart?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Restart?

Postby belibutn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I just tried to log in on my main character and got a question when I clicked on her: Would you like to restart at your homestead, loosing everything in your inventory?

Clicking NO just leaves me at the character select screen, and it didn't happen for any of my others.

Last I remember, I logged off at a new lean-to, and that was it.
belibutn

Re: Restart?

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

belibutn wrote:I just tried to log in on my main character and got a question when I clicked on her: Would you like to restart at your homestead, loosing everything in your inventory?

Clicking NO just leaves me at the character select screen, and it didn't happen for any of my others.

Last I remember, I logged off at a new lean-to, and that was it.

Something is blocking your position. Clicking yes will simply spawn you by your homestead and drop everything you had in inventory on the ground, hopefully easy to pick up. Equipped items will not be dropped.

Try waiting a few minutes first, it might be a player or animal blocking you.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby belibutn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 pm

ACK! It returned me to my old homestead that I left behind, not the new one I had just made after walking around for an hour to find a good spot! And nothing was on the ground or in my back pack or anything! I dont want to but I suppose I could just pay the guide my only 30s and hope that I dont get landed in a timber rattler nesting ground this time...

My main question now is what happened to my lean to i built and Is my stuff there? If I go back to it, is it still mine?
belibutn

Postby Potjeh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:39 pm

The lean to never was yours, because you didn't right click it and set it as your homestead. The things in it should still be there until somebody takes them. The items that were in your inventory are lost, though.
Potjeh

Postby belibutn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Potjeh wrote:The lean to never was yours, because you didn't right click it and set it as your homestead.

There really needed to be something that said that somewhere. I was told in boston that if I built a lean-to it was my new homestead. Nothing said otherwise while I was building it, or afterwards.

I know i am not 'screwed' on this, since I am not completely restarting, but it is still very annoying nonetheless.
belibutn

Postby staxjax » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 pm

The best way to learn is by making mistakes.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:16 am

How far away and in what general direction was it? It might be easier (probably better, too) to just try and find the same general spot again. If you don't find the lean-to you built, you might find a better spot.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 pm

staxjax wrote:The best way to learn is by making mistakes.

"Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." ~Oscar Wilde
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Return to Help!