Mine entrance near water problem

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Mine entrance near water problem

Postby Jory » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:24 pm

When I try level the three remaining tiles it says "Not enough clearance" because of the water. When I try build the mine it says the ground is not flat enough...
Any way to solve this problem? I have already worked several days setting up a camp planning to use this mine... : (

Jory

Re: Mine entrance near water problem

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm

That is very unfortunate, but water tiles are locked for terraforming and there's no way around that.

Mines are actually quite common in the game world. If you save up and buy dowsing rods from another player they will see another set of mines and possibly one near by. But if you want easy access metal... you're going to need a new camp unfortunately.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby painhertz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:03 pm

This is a result of the randomness of the map spawn that also provides such lovable old hits as singing Logs and Indian Feather locked in cliff faces. :(
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Emina » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:05 pm

that looks like a pickle, i know by my own experience that the brown cirkle can move a little sometimes like a tile or so in any direktion. It can happen if i turn off the prospect and logg out for a little wile and then go back in and turn prospect on again. try doing that several times and hope it will turn up a tile away from that water once it does, dont turn prospect off until you have placed a mine at the spot or it might move back to the same spot again when you turn it back on! if you cant get that to work then sorry you are screwed on that mine.

however quite frankly it should be sorted so that its not possible for the mines to end up that close to water.
Emina

Postby RobSyl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Mine dont have to be exactly in middle of that spot try with just 3 squares covered with entrence.
RobSyl

Postby Jory » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks for the tips. Maybe it actually did move a bit since before. I had the feeling it was a couple of coordinates different than the first time I prospected it. Now I have another woo-woo-wand than before. Maybe I should simply make a new one and hope it moves back...
Jory

Return to Help!