Perennial Philosophy for Settling

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Perennial Philosophy for Settling

Postby Immortal Souls » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Hello,

I want to learn Setteling and the only Proficiencies that I could learn ist Perennial Philosophy.
I don´t found (4-5 hours I´m searching) a singing old log in the forest and with the bad :-( learning ability I couldn´t use crucifix´s.
Need I a skill to find them?
Or what can i do?
Thx
Immortal Souls

Re: Perennial Philosophy for Settling

Postby Caven » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I used Savage Charm (from Indian Tracking skill) to get one; tho alternatively you can use Combination of crucifixes and captivating flames 3x Crucifixes = (100%+70%+50%)*40= 2.20*40 = 88 and 3x Captivating flames = 2.20*35=77 and it should be enough.
Caven

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Cross shaped splinter is another option. You can get em by chopping a bunch of trees and stockpiling them for future use. You get ~ 1 per 2 trees.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Caven wrote:I used Savage Charm (from Indian Tracking skill) to get one; tho alternatively you can use Combination of crucifixes and captivating flames 3x Crucifixes = (100%+70%+50%)*40= 2.20*40 = 88 and 3x Captivating flames = 2.20*35=77 and it should be enough.

Or some combination of this... Think I did it with one Captivating Flame and the rest crucifixes (accidentally used both my maple leaves and didn't see another tree nearby).

Sevenless wrote:Cross shaped splinter is another option. You can get em by chopping a bunch of trees and stockpiling them for future use. You get ~ 1 per 2 trees.

Are they that common? I thought it was about 1 per 5 or so.

Otherwise, yeah, could probably use one or two more low level PP inspirationals. The rest have to be crafted and take a good bit of skills to do so, in some cases with Settling as a prerequisite.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Onionfighter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:02 am

I used an old log. That covered most of what was needed.
Onionfighter

Return to Help!