Prospecting in a forest.

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Prospecting in a forest.

Postby sumofallwars » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

just got my woo woo wand and i've been prospecting around my place in greater and greater circles. The prospecting skill is active and i do see a arrow above my head. i've been prospecting for 2 hrs now and have not found anything. Is there ore in coniferous forests? or am i doing it wrong?
sumofallwars

Re: Prospecting in a forest.

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

There's ore there. Woowoo Wands are notoriously ineffective for finding ore. Try to get dowsing rods if you can.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sumofallwars » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:42 pm

should i search in a tighter circle then? right now i am using 30ish blocks as my "seeing range"
sumofallwars

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:45 pm

I really can't recall if someone has posted the range on the Wand or not. 30 seems reasonable, though. The other thing to note is the prospecting mechanics. There may be ore there, but due to the quality (and maybe even type) of tool, you'll not see it at all.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sumofallwars » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:11 pm

that's a pain. how can i get a better rod if i can't get ore in the first place? seems like a big problem to me. now where ever i search is stupid far from my base. atleast a 10 min walk in any direction. Do you know if the spinning arrow works or not?
sumofallwars

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 pm

You can buy dowsing rods from other players. The arrow does work... if you are near an ore node the arrow will stabalize and point you in the right direction.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Return to Help!