ACK! My proficiencies!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

ACK! My proficiencies!

Postby belibutn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:00 pm

I am trying to learn a nwe skill and I think that I have all my proficiencies studied up and all, then I look and all but Stocks and Cultivars was back down to 500 and that one is at 600. Was there some kind of reset? Did this happen because I got my butt kicked by a snake 3 times in a row (I seemed to only be KOd after those)?

help please
belibutn

Re: ACK! My proficiencies!

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Every time you get knocked out in game, (See the yellow stars circling you) you lose 1 point in two different proficiencies. A bit much to have what is essentially stat loss in a perma-death MMog but on the other hand, it's really hard to die in Salem.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby belibutn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:05 pm

There was a darn snake camped out at my lean-to :(
belibutn

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 pm

belibutn wrote:There was a darn snake camped out at my lean-to :(

Don't feel bad. i call them Afk snakes because every time i afk one either spawns on me or makes its way over. Nothing you can do but keep some antidote on hand and cure yourself when they bite you. (Kill it before using the antidote)

painhertz

Postby Feedzor » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:43 pm

You first have to kill a few to get a possible antidote though, that kind of sucks. I mean, I killed about 8 now and got K.O.-ed every time of course because you get poisoned with the first hit. I now finaly got 1 etterfang to make an antidote with. Stomp never works for me to stun them or whatever, my char just makes a weird move and just stand still again while the snake, or any animal for that matter, can just attack without a problem.
Feedzor

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Snakes have a fairly low HP. Once you get bullrun and... I seem to think it was 15 yb you can 1hit ko them. The bullrun always hits before they can react. That being said I did have a snake move one tile to the side when I bullran it and it got me. But it's a very reliable method normally speaking.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Sevenless wrote:Snakes have a fairly low HP. Once you get bullrun and... I seem to think it was 15 yb you can 1hit ko them. The bullrun always hits before they can react. That being said I did have a snake move one tile to the side when I bullran it and it got me. But it's a very reliable method normally speaking.

I just walk up and thrust them before they can react, but i have plenty of antidote so it's less scary. lol

painhertz

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Players are selling antidote. If nothing else, you can buy it from the Company Store in Boston for 250s.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!