Town Bell Claim others lands?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Town Bell Claim others lands?

Postby Arkanus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:21 am

I found in a topic of forum and talked with others in IRC, so we can loose my claimed land if someone put a town bell and grow the land of the town to my claim?

So why i need work all of what i did and put defenses if someone can buy silver and stole my land?

I hated too much the idea to lose my work, that i made hard, to silver rich people!!!! :evil:

This need to be talked and changed, for me only if i want to be part of a town i will let the town come to my lands.
Or a better idea, town can't grow others claimed land.
Arkanus

Re: Town Bell Claim others lands?

Postby Realak » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:31 am

Two things.

1. By now while foraging you've surely checked your area correct? are you currently residing close to a large town? If so, and you forage in their area ( let's call any good biome close to them their area)
they most likely wont like that, and want you to move. I doubt they would grief a solo hermit with a bell this early, as it requires a significant investment.

2. If you don't live near any, hopefully your not playing this as a farmville mmo and you can defend yourself by then, and also have your own town bell down the road by the time villages consider an investment of a town bell purely to move out a hermit claim worthwhile.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 am

One of the prerogatives of running a town is deciding who can own land within the borders of that town. Not only does the other player(s) have to build a town nearby, they have to expand the town, keep paying upkeep while expanding, and then pay twice as much silver as it cost to expand the claim. If you're personal claim is large enough, that's a LOT of town expansions just to cover the costs. Finally, I believe that any personal claims revoked in this way to receive at least some refund (was mentioned by jorb somewhere, but don't recall... I'll see if I can find and link here). I forget the exact amount refunded.

You can easily prevent this by building your own town bell. I know it's expensive. You can just make your claim very large. A 1000 sq m will cost something like 4500-5000 silver, not counting the value of the materials used in building.

Realak wrote:I doubt they would grief a solo hermit with a bell this early, as it requires a significant investment.

I don't put this past anyone....
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Realak » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 am

No doubt. Always assume someone will do anything for the lols.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby robo19 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 am

You know at first I thought the town bell was bad but I've come to accepting this game is never easy; there is NO such thing as a "perfect" defense! You're never 100% secure and that is the nature of this game.

You can beef up your defenses to make it as hard as possible but that is the limit.

Typically I find Town Bells to be such a strong offense; it is almost essential to defend against it and the only way to do that is to drop one of your own!
Now 2500s is the only REAL expense of using it as a defense as paying on it is more "optional"; if your only using it to keep people from Bell-Griefing you then thats all you need (assuming u dont expend it).

To use a Bell as a weapon is WAYYYYYYYY more costly; you need the initial 2500s, expanding costs (If applicable), then you have to pay 5s per square of the claim evicted (if your claim is 25x25; they have to pay 3125s to evict you!!!!!); this totals 5625s.

2500s isn't that much really; between my no-life self and my partner we got 2500 in 2-3 days. I'd say 1 person selling a moderate item on the market; 1 week)
Good luck mate!
robo19

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 pm

robo19 wrote:To use a Bell as a weapon is WAYYYYYYYY more costly; you need the initial 2500s, expanding costs (If applicable), then you have to pay 5s per square of the claim evicted (if your claim is 25x25; they have to pay 3125s to evict you!!!!!); this totals 5625s.

Is it 5? I was thinking it was only 2.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Claim owner pays 1 silver to expand claim per tile, and I thought it was 2 silver per tile to dissolve the claim? Can anybody confirm this?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Droj » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Invoke Eminent Domain wrote:
By invoking the Right of Eminent Domain your Town can expropriate claimed land. Invoking Eminent Domain upon a claim requires that your Town Authority cover the Claim Stone on the Claim in question and costs your village twice the amount of authority as there is silver invested in the Claim.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Return to Help!