Crime and and claims!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Crime and and claims!

Postby WolfThatWonders » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 pm

the problem has been resolved to the point I am happy. I had hired help to deal with the issue. Who were excellent. There is a good chance I will still have to move on. but we will see. If anyone has a crime that your willing to pay silver to have resloved. let me know because I can put you in contact with the right people. the party has honored our arrangment thus far. I am positive they would do the same for others.
Last edited by WolfThatWonders on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WolfThatWonders

Re: Crime and and claims!

Postby Bait » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Have they left any scents? If you're knocked out on their claim, you'll remain there until server reboot... Or until they send you home.

You COULD get a town bell, and I believe declaim their plots.
Bait

Postby Chiprel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

5mins is considered close. Seems they think that you are on their land and want to get you out from there. If they went as far as making claims around your place then you should be extra carefull when you meet em. I'm sure they'll try to kill you.
You can declaim their claims but for that you need to have village(town bell:some metal + writ for 2500silver needed). When village claim covers their claim stones you can revoke their claims with new command you'll get in menus. Revoking claim costs 2x claim size in tiles.
As for trespassing those claims: you are leaving clue each time you pass that claim but that's unsummonable 'crime'. As long as you won't try to steal anything from that place/destroy anything in there you are safe. Be sure not to logout when you see them coming and when you have 'crime' debuff(lasts 15mins after commiting crime(even trespassing!)). With 'crime' debuff your char stays online for duration of said crime debuff even after you logout.

PS. You can try to find yourself on world map (http://ad.lylay.com/hts/smap.html)and ask for some help(just be sure not to post coords in public so other griefers won't come to you).Would be cool if 'criminals' left some clues on your property(especially summonable ones). Try toggling 'tracking on' in adventure menu, teleport to boston and back to your place then look for pinkish '!' signs hovering above the ground. If some of those (after collecting) will give you evidence..That's great. You can hire/look for someone to take care of your troublemakers :)
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:33 pm

These are the type of people that want you gone, but are too scared to actually break in and drive you out directly. They have to resort to bully-boy tactics that won't get themselves summon-killed. You can do a lot to get rid of these guys such as turn the tactics back onto them or just flat hire someone that don't care about leaving scents. (Be careful as some of these guys will mess with your stuff along the way.)

It is a large map and there's tons of places to settle without dealing with people like this, though.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Unless you are certain that you can wipe these guys out (personally or through a merc for hire), or that the place you are living at is utterly perfect, it's easier on you to move on.

And if they wanted they could (and probably will at some point) build a wall within their claims. If they do that, then you are rightly locked inside your claim, and you'd need to commit a summonable crime in order to get out.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Sarpynom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 pm

That's what you get for not joining a village. You could do what somebody previously suggested and buy a town bell to declaim them so you own everything.
Sarpynom

Postby Flameturtle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Its gonna be a massive silver investment to declaim it, and if they're decent sized claims that just makes it worse. Cut your losses, find someone that will nuke these guys for you for closure then move on.
Flameturtle

Return to Help!