several questions:

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: several questions:

Postby LeftyRighty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm

pedrostr wrote:but i don't get it !
inspirationals that i can't do anymore.
So what am i missing here?

this bit is the bit that is off. You use up an inspirational when you study it, but you can find/make another one and use that, as many times as you need to.

Each one of the same type will have a reduced effect, but it will still have an effect, you're not limited to only using anything once beyond the fact you need to have found/made more than one.
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby guitarlix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Learning ability wasn't really confusing to me at all, especially with Sevenless' guide, but what had a tendency to make it more confusing than it actually is was the learning ability reading on the study screen, which I think needs to be changed to more accurately reflect the learning ability you currently have.

When all your proficiency bars are empty and you start fresh and study your first inspirational, the meter instantly drops to 70%. It seems to me it shouldn't drop to 70% until you study your first repetitive inspirational. That messed with me at the start. It should keep saying 100% for all your never-studied inspirationals and drop to 70% the first time you repeat one, so it will always currently relfect the LA modifier correctly.
guitarlix

Postby DonnEssime » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 pm

guitarlix wrote:Learning ability wasn't really confusing to me at all, especially with Sevenless' guide, but what had a tendency to make it more confusing than it actually is was the learning ability reading on the study screen, which I think needs to be changed to more accurately reflect the learning ability you currently have.

When all your proficiency bars are empty and you start fresh and study your first inspirational, the meter instantly drops to 70%. It seems to me it shouldn't drop to 70% until you study your first repetitive inspirational. That messed with me at the start. It should keep saying 100% for all your never-studied inspirationals and drop to 70% the first time you repeat one, so it will always currently relfect the LA modifier correctly.

it actually says how much of the basis proficiency points you'll get for each inspirational, and it resets to 100% when you study one you didn't do yet. You just won't ever see that 100% (except at the very start) since it is immediately used by the new curio, dropping the LA to 70%

It is as clear as it can be, currently (I think)
DonnEssime

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Please don't necro a thread unless you have anything very useful to add.

I am sure your intentions were nice but that easily clogs up the forums.

Locking.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Previous

Return to Help!