patchs & fixs

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

patchs & fixs

Postby GaraDasha » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 pm

i checked announcements part and general part but i couldnt find a specific topic type that gets updated after every patch-fix.. is there? or is it possible to make one?
GaraDasha

Re: patchs & fixs

Postby krikke93 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:18 pm

I don't think there is one, but it would be nice indeed.
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Major updates all have their own thread. Client updates are noted in the changelog on loftar's github page. Minor fixes to the server are either incorporated into a major update or fixed after a crash and not generally noted. Are you looking for a log of every minor fix? That probably won't happen.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby GaraDasha » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 pm

hmm u already told me what i needed thanx but woulnt it be better if they were shared at announcement page -.-
GaraDasha

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 pm

GaraDasha wrote: woulnt it be better if they were shared at announcement page -.-

Probably, but then that could take extra time and energy typing all that back up the majority of the players probably won't read, anyway. (At least it seems like the majority of people don't care or don't think to look until something is different.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby krikke93 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:56 am

MagicManICT wrote:Probably, but then that could take extra time and energy typing all that back up the majority of the players probably won't read, anyway. (At least it seems like the majority of people don't care or don't think to look until something is different.)

Yay, I'm not the majority :D
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:41 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
GaraDasha wrote: woulnt it be better if they were shared at announcement page -.-

Probably, but then that could take extra time and energy typing all that back up the majority of the players probably won't read, anyway. (At least it seems like the majority of people don't care or don't think to look until something is different.)

its more like, the majority of people would rather get real updates than the patch notes.
and devs priority right now are not posting patch notes, but implementing updates.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Arkanus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:10 am

But patch notes can make us know what has done, what has changed. This is not a bad idea and we players could test if it is working correctly as wrote in the patch notes.
I know that will be more work to devs, but would be good for both like happens in many others mmorpg that have a List when Patch & Fix were made.
Arkanus

Postby GaraDasha » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 pm

we are here to test beta arent we ^^
GaraDasha

Postby puddytat » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 am

Totally agreed, even a small minor patch as a tester we need to know so we wont repeat posting the bugs again etc.
On that note, I am not the majority ^^
puddytat

Return to Help!