Town question

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Town question

Postby dwhiteml5 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

We have recentrly purchased a town bell and i have some question.

How do town claim work toward decay ? we have put a couple of compost bin on the town claim outside of the personnal claim and the bin are not decaying as fast as those outside claim , so the decay is the same on a town claim that on a personnal claim ?

What's the purpose of town claim ? i know you can remove personal claim and all that , but not much can be done except the village chat .They feel a little useless at the moment.

how town claim react toward criminal action ? trespassing is oubviously not a criminal action on a town claim but for theft , waste , if i put a brazier on the town claim and someone stole a item in a crate that is on the town claim and not on a personnal one , the brazier will lit or not ?
dwhiteml5

Re: Town question

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Decay: a town claim protects from decay as long as the upkeep is paid. If it's not full protection (like a personal claim), this would be the first I'm hearing of it.

Towns and the tools needed to run them aren't fully implemented yet as far as I'm aware. I can't rightfully say what else will be there, but hopefully there will be more things you can do with one in the future.

Defenses: yes, a town provides the same triggers as a personal claim with the exception of, as you mentioned, generally crossing through the town claim (this isn't trespassing as it doesn't require criminal acts). In regards to "town property", yes they trigger defenses according to the game rules if attempts to destroy or break are made.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Town question

Postby dwhiteml5 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

thanks MagicMan really helpfull answer
dwhiteml5

Return to Help!