Trading question

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Trading question

Postby iop693 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Is there a "proper" method of trading in this game? The only method I've currently found of getting items between myself and my brother when we play is either via a container or one of us dropping the item for the other. Just wanted to find out as I intend to start buying things from other players and don't want to look an idiot while doing so.
iop693

Re: Trading question

Postby milonti » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:31 pm

No, what you are doing is the only method of trading we have.
milonti

Postby iop693 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Okay, thanks for letting me know :)
iop693

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm

iop693 wrote:Is there a "proper" method of trading in this game? The only method I've currently found of getting items between myself and my brother when we play is either via a container or one of us dropping the item for the other. Just wanted to find out as I intend to start buying things from other players and don't want to look an idiot while doing so.

Some items disappear when you drop them, just a heads up to always use a container.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby belibutn » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 pm

I know this is the only method we have atm, but my question is will it always be the only method we have? I am tired of getting robbed. And I cant even tag the thieves because they warp out so fast.
belibutn

Postby M_So » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 pm

belibutn wrote:I know this is the only method we have atm, but my question is will it always be the only method we have? I am tired of getting robbed. And I cant even tag the thieves because they warp out so fast.

Kin them before you start trading, if they rob you (and likely un-kin) right down their name, post on the forums that they robbed you if you want and change their name to 'thief' on you kin list. Then you will know who they are if you see them again you will know.

You could also ask them to send you a PM on the forum here, much harder to make alt forum accounts.
M_So

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:40 pm

belibutn wrote:I know this is the only method we have atm, but my question is will it always be the only method we have? I am tired of getting robbed. And I cant even tag the thieves because they warp out so fast.

Never trade with someone before you kin or at the very least memorize them. Furthermore, trade with established forum trade threads as they have a very concrete reputation they won't be willing to slander for a couple bars of iron.

If you're talking about random people grabbing stuff, just move to a remote barrel and watch people. Only trade when no one's near your barrel or making a run at it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Many barrels can only be accessed by two people at once, and the ones by the bank can only be accessed by one person at once. Just make sure you and your trading partner are using the barrel at the same time and that nobody else can get into it
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby LeftyRighty » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:03 am

staxjax wrote:Many barrels can only be accessed by two people at once, and the ones by the bank can only be accessed by one person at once. Just make sure you and your trading partner are using the barrel at the same time and that nobody else can get into it

Really?! I guess i can be a little less paranoid about people loitering by a trade session... is there any way of telling the limit on a barrel?
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:05 am

LeftyRighty wrote:Really?! I guess i can be a little less paranoid about people loitering by a trade session... is there any way of telling the limit on a barrel?

Test it with a couple of friends. If all three of you can access the barrel at the same time, then it is not secure.
TeckXKnight

Next

Return to Help!