Farmer's house question

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Farmer's house question

Postby LeftyRighty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 am

Looks like the farmer's house now has a 2 square "cubby hole" in the wall furthest from the door... is that supposed to accommodate a stove?

I've tried placing a stove (and other things like boxes and barrels) and it won't let me place anything.

Is there a particular way of getting a stove in there?
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Re: Farmer's house question

Postby dmdisco » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 am

very carefully

it can be placed but its hella hard, use enders or BD and use shift+scroll and ctrl for placement
yea who needs "secure" trading, its not like this game would benefit from it, lets just kill the newbs instead as long as that's fun and people still join the game.
dmdisco

Postby LeftyRighty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:42 pm

hmm... ok thanks, i'll perceiver with it, at least I know i'm doing something possible :D
LeftyRighty

Postby LeftyRighty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 pm

... any chance someone could screen shot a successful placement with the enders level tool thing on it too? I'm just not getting it...

I use shift-mousewheel to align it square with the squares, and then ctrl+mousemove to place it anywhere and:

I've tried, fully in the alcove, right in the middle of the two squares... I've tried placed on each square (no ctrl)... I've tried half sticking out with the wooden part of the stove in the room and the stone part in the alcove... I've tried swearing at it... I've tried putting it in backwards (who knows, maybe it's bugged eh?)...

just getting "you cannot build that there"
LeftyRighty

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Did you build the house before the stove patch? In that case you can't build one in there and need to make a new house. :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby LeftyRighty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:43 pm

nope, I wasn't here before the stove patch... and after plenty more swearing at it I have a stove! ... for anyone else who's giving it a go you: forget about the level tool to show you the squares just use the shift+mousewheel to square it and the ctrl+mousemove thing and you want the barest amount of the stone floor showing out the from of the stove when placing it.
LeftyRighty

Return to Help!