Defense question

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Defense question

Postby Argost » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am

The problem i have is this game is billed as "the crafting MMO" And for those of us who do not want to pvp we should be able to create a darn good defense to keep out raiders. And I do not mean having to build 5 walls. They could implement Guard dogs. They start out as pups and the longer you have them and keep them fed the stronger they get, adding to your protection of your claim. Point is those of us who want to play the game as the crafting mmo it is said to be should be able to really buff up our defenses without having to build tons of walls. A stone wall should be strong enough that you should not have to add 5 other ones.
Argost

Postby painhertz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 am

Argost wrote:The problem i have is this game is billed as "the crafting MMO" And for those of us who do not want to pvp we should be able to create a darn good defense to keep out raiders. And I do not mean having to build 5 walls. They could implement Guard dogs. They start out as pups and the longer you have them and keep them fed the stronger they get, adding to your protection of your claim. Point is those of us who want to play the game as the crafting mmo it is said to be should be able to really buff up our defenses without having to build tons of walls. A stone wall should be strong enough that you should not have to add 5 other ones.

I'm all but certain that "The Crafting MMo" is a tag put on the game by Paradox but rest assured it isn't indicative of the type of game that Jorb and Loftar build. Without doubt there is crafting but a better tag would be "The open PVP, Perma-Death MMog"
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 am

Argost wrote:The problem i have is this game is billed as "the crafting MMO" And for those of us who do not want to pvp we should be able to create a darn good defense to keep out raiders. And I do not mean having to build 5 walls. They could implement Guard dogs. They start out as pups and the longer you have them and keep them fed the stronger they get, adding to your protection of your claim. Point is those of us who want to play the game as the crafting mmo it is said to be should be able to really buff up our defenses without having to build tons of walls. A stone wall should be strong enough that you should not have to add 5 other ones.

You want craft, you join village with 19 walls and 746 brazier, then you craft all the day long.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 am

This is from a crafter ala Haven style, paraphrased of course.

"What is the point of crafting if someone isn't going to use it to club your neighbour over the head with the things you make?"

Crafting drives war, permadeath gives war a point (because you can truly destroy your "enemies").
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Thread is getting derailed, back on topic, yo.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Previous

Return to Help!