French Cuisine

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

French Cuisine

Postby rahl005 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 pm

So on the wiki http://salemwiki.info/index.php/French_Cuisine In order to learn french cuisine I need the skill Game Meats. In order to get game meats I need to learn Field Dressing. I have learned field dressing but game meats does not show up to be learned now. Is there something I'm missing?
rahl005

Re: French Cuisine

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:38 pm

rahl005 wrote:So on the wiki http://salemwiki.info/index.php/French_Cuisine In order to learn french cuisine I need the skill Game Meats. In order to get game meats I need to learn Field Dressing. I have learned field dressing but game meats does not show up to be learned now. Is there something I'm missing?

Many skills in the wiki aren't 100% correct, as it's hard to know which previous skills are needed. It would help if you posted all the skills you've learnt so far to make it easier to figure out what you're missing.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby rahl005 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:43 pm

A formal education
Agriculture
Aristotelian Logic
Backalley Pugilism
Beaver skinning
Carpentry
Childish things
colonial trades
cotton planting
exploration
field dressing
fishing
flower & berries
foraging
hideworking
hiking
indian tracking
literacy
lore of lumberwoods
mushroom hunting
nuts & seeds
pulleys & levers
self-defense
settling
sewing
simple cooking
simple fences
small game hunting
survival skills
swimming
tanning
weaving
whittling
rahl005

Postby LeftyRighty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 pm

am i right in thinking the information that pops up in the ender client comes from the wiki? so when you gain a skill the "you can now do ..." will be off too?
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:45 pm

LeftyRighty wrote:am i right in thinking the information that pops up in the ender client comes from the wiki? so when you gain a skill the "you can now do ..." will be off too?

I reckon the "You can now do" thing was added to the default client some time ago, but don't quote me on that.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby rahl005 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:49 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
LeftyRighty wrote:am i right in thinking the information that pops up in the ender client comes from the wiki? so when you gain a skill the "you can now do ..." will be off too?

I reckon the "You can now do" thing was added to the default client some time ago, but don't quote me on that.

Im not exactly sure what you two are talking about. Sorry lol I'm a bit lost :oops:
rahl005

Postby LeftyRighty » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 pm

sorry, went a little of topic. There is a note on the forum for ender's client saying

* highlighting of actions learned by purchasing skill. It will post names of learned actions into System chat and highlight action in menu until you hover mouse over it.
* shows XP gain for curios. Gets them from wiki.

basically the first one means when you get a skill it puts some red text at the bottom above the inventory/equip/etc buttons saying "you can now make x" "you can now do y" etc. If that comes from the wiki it'll be saying the wrong thing, but if it's coming from the actual game it'll be saying the right thing.

Didn't realize that was in the default client too (haven't actually used it :p)
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby Potjeh » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:32 pm

I think it you might need Butchery and/or Big Game Hunting for Game Meats.
Potjeh

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

1. The "you can now do..." is based off data sent to the client from the server. When you unlock (buy) a skill, the server sends you all the new skills and recipes acquired. The client just posts these to System chat.

2. I haven't noticed this in the default client myself, but the last couple of skills I unlocked didn't have anything new other than skills become available.

Pretty sure it's just Big Game Hunting you're missing if the wiki says you just need Field Dressing for Game Meats. Might be butchery, too. (I could probably tell you if I felt like digging through the page creations and checking time stamps, but too lazy to do that when you could confirm it for us by buying one skill ;) )
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby rahl005 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:06 pm

MagicManICT wrote:1. The "you can now do..." is based off data sent to the client from the server. When you unlock (buy) a skill, the server sends you all the new skills and recipes acquired. The client just posts these to System chat.

2. I haven't noticed this in the default client myself, but the last couple of skills I unlocked didn't have anything new other than skills become available.

Pretty sure it's just Big Game Hunting you're missing if the wiki says you just need Field Dressing for Game Meats. Might be butchery, too. (I could probably tell you if I felt like digging through the page creations and checking time stamps, but too lazy to do that when you could confirm it for us by buying one skill ;) )

Will do soon as I learn the two skills :)
rahl005

Next

Return to Help!