Crime and Summoning

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Crime and Summoning

Postby SquirrelSpec » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 pm

I have a lot of questions about Crimes and summoning criminals:

How does it work?
What crimes are summonable? I know murder can cause the criminal to be summoned, but is simple assault (knocking someone out) a summonable offense?
Do you need a certain skill to summon a criminal?
How do you summon someone?
When evidence of a crime is left behind, who can find the evidence? After one person picks up the evidence, can someone else find additional evidence?
Can someone be summoned multiple times for the same crime?

I've been trying to find this information on the wiki, but I couldn't find the answers to some of these questions.

Thank you for your time!
SquirrelSpec

Re: Crime and Summoning

Postby Flameturtle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:08 pm

The system is I believe. Assault is just attacking someone, not knocking them out. Assualt isn't summonable but Knocking out or murder is.

Vandalism and Theft are also summonable I believe, but trespassing isn't.
Flameturtle

Postby Chiprel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm

How does it work?
Answers below.

What crimes are summonable? I know murder can cause the criminal to be summoned, but is simple assault (knocking someone out) a summonable offense?
All actions that leave 'Evidence'(not clue only) are summonable: Murder, Waste, Battery, Larceny.

Do you need a certain skill to summon a criminal?
Rights of Englishman

How do you summon someone?
You need to use evidence (rightclick while holding evidence) near/on criminal homestead (leanto/claim). To know where criminal have his homestead you need to track it.

When evidence of a crime is left behind, who can find the evidence? After one person picks up the evidence, can someone else find additional evidence?
Everyone can find clue and evidence(you need to have Tracking turned on). You can pick up as much evidence as you want.

Can someone be summoned multiple times for the same crime?
Yes but after summoning, evidence which was used for summoning is lost. So if you picked up same evidence multiple times you can summon multiple times too.

Additional info:
You get 10min tracking time from each clue (looks like " ! " hovering in the air) you pick up.(left by same criminal). After rightclicking first clue and selecting track you can get more tracking time from clues nearby(if there are any) just rightclick them and select 'accumulate' if those were left by same criminal your tracking time will raise by 10. Summonable crimes after selecting 'track' or 'accumulate' will automaticly put evidence in your inventory.
PS. Logging out/crashing while tracking will automaticly end tracking and you'll have to start from scratch.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby MecKILL » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:51 pm

The players that live next door was just killed. Could i go over to their corpse and collect clues? could i take the clues to Boston and give them to other players that may want to hunt a PKer?
MecKILL

Postby Drickles » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:40 am

When you do summon someone who has a claim with walls where do they pop up? Where you clicked the mouse, or is it directly on their claim stake?
Drickles

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 am

Drickles wrote:When you do summon someone who has a claim with walls where do they pop up? Where you clicked the mouse, or is it directly on their claim stake?

At the claim stake or at the leanto.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am

Report that as a bug please. We had an issue with that in Pre-Com but I thought it was solved.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 am

SquirrelSpec wrote:What crimes are summonable? I know murder can cause the criminal to be summoned, but is simple assault (knocking someone out) a summonable offense?

Assault is engaging in combat with someone, battery is knocking someone out. Note though, if you are not the one to start the combat and knock them out, you do not leave a battery scent.
Ass_Kraken

Postby dullahx » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13 am

Sevenless wrote:
Drickles wrote:When you do summon someone who has a claim with walls where do they pop up? Where you clicked the mouse, or is it directly on their claim stake?

Pre wipe i used to summon people where i clicked the mouse, was a problem for people who had a bigger claim than their walls, thought it was intended and last very long.
dullahx

Postby Chiprel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 am

dazedsuper wrote:
Sevenless wrote:

When someone summoned me; they summoned me just outside the walls ( my character was logged out inside the claim walls).

They appear where you clicked with mouse. Max range is 8 tiles from leanto or anywhere on their claim(if claim is their homestead). Loftar said on irc that this is going to be changed (less range or only at/near claimstone/leanto- that was few weeks ago so I don't remember his exact words and it's too hard to search for it in my irc logs)
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Next

Return to Help!