How to UI

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How to UI

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:27 am

Did a little organizing and added a few more things. I think I should do screen shots and describe the user interface windows some. I'll see if I can get these hosted internally so that losing access to a 3rd party site isn't an issue.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Shift+Mousewheel for adding and subtracting building materials
milonti

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks for that, milonti. I missed that one.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby masau » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 am

Is there any way to change hotkeys? I haven't seen anything, but it's possible I missed it. I use the colemak keyboard layout rather than the standard qwerty. For the most part it makes no real difference, but on the occasions I want to use the keyboard for moving I can't. Colemak has WARS, not WASD (even this isn't terrible - the D key in colemak is where G is in qwerty. But it's annoying).
masau

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:55 am

masau wrote:Is there any way to change hotkeys? I haven't seen anything, but it's possible I missed it. I use the colemak keyboard layout rather than the standard qwerty. For the most part it makes no real difference, but on the occasions I want to use the keyboard for moving I can't. Colemak has WARS, not WASD (even this isn't terrible - the D key in colemak is where G is in qwerty. But it's annoying).

Currently there isn't. It has been requested. (You might have better luck getting Ender or APXEOLOG to change this in the short term... think it's been requested of them, too, but can't be as certain.)
MagicManICT

Postby masau » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 am

I use APXE's client and was planning on requesting it (I forgot about it before when I requested various other things) but hadn't gotten there yet. I'm more concerned atm with determining why all of the clients have suddenly started crashing on login on my arch linux distro. I'm running out of stuff to try, I have a feeling the issue was caused by a package update. It's working fine on windows and I'm going to boot up my old mint distro, update that, and see if it works there. If I don't find a solution soon I'll probably be posting a thread in the bugs section.

EDIT: Solved my crashing problem. The creators of icedtea-web (an open source implementation of java web start) changed something in 1.3 that was causing the crashes. Downgrading to 1.2 solved my issue. I'll post about it in the bugs section in a few minutes.
masau

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 am

Added controls for boats (and other vehicles and mounts when we get them).
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Just thought I'd let everyone know of this up from loftar in another thread (bolded for emphasis):

[quote="loftar"]Note also that there is, with the server update, a new ":act lo" command that goes via the server instead. That has the nice advantage that error checking is made and that, therefore, if you cannot log out, you are told so instead of the client just logging out with your character remaining in game perhaps without you knowing about it.

I hope to be adding an Options window soon.[/quote]
MagicManICT

Postby novus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is very useful. When you Right Click an item and access its menu(i.e. Eat/Study); 1 on the keyboard corresponds to the first (top) option and 2 corresponds to the second (top right) option.
I have only used on Enders.
novus

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 am

novus wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is very useful. When you Right Click an item and access its menu(i.e. Eat/Study); 1 on the keyboard corresponds to the first (top) option and 2 corresponds to the second (top right) option.
I have only used on Enders.
it is the same on all clients since haven times :)
EnderWiggin

PreviousNext

Return to Help!