How to UI

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How to UI

Postby Kandarim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:01 pm

please make the distinction between stacking items (seeds, notably) and items with multiple uses (food and inspirationals, mostly). If it is stackable, its rightclick flower menu will have an entry "split". Otherwise, you're handling an item with multiple uses (which cannot be split/combined).
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Good suggestion. Adding it now.

Made a little further clarification on the right mouse button opening the flower menu for some items.

As always, please give feedback on anything that needs updating, clarified, or could just be better worded. Thanks for all the help, everyone!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kandarim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 pm

that wasn't actually directed at you but at the last post. Didn't even notice the difference between stacks and uses was missing.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Necromateur » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 am

Well this sucks. I finally find a way to fullscreen it and it doesn't work. LOL.

When I fullscreen it, it goes black. I've tried alt+tabbing numerous times (10+) and I've tried turning fs back off. . . Doesn't work. My screen is pitch black but I can see the 'hand' mouse cursor. When I alt+tab, I can see everything for a split second and when I hover over the game in the task bar, it plays it in the little 'video window', but when I go back into it. . . nuffin. *sigh*

And yes, my resolution is proper. My PC runs at 1920x1080 on a constant. I have tried it by changing to 1920x1080 prior to Fullscreening it, and I've done it by not doing anything at all after loading the client. Luckily, the client resets so I can always go back into the game, but still. . . this sucks.

Any fixes?
Necromateur

Postby Kandarim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:31 am

i've never managed to get fullscreen to work. If you ever do, please do let us know :)
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 am

A few have reported it working, but I've not heard that it was anything they did to make it work. it just worked.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:04 am

It certainly works for me. ;)
loftar

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:20 am

after a recent discussion i noticed shift-alt-left click on building sign entries is not listed here. afaiaa, it is a default client behaviour.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Shadeen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Is there a way to scale the UI down in size? I can't get full screen to work, so I can't change resolution.
Shadeen

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:03 am

Shadeen wrote:Is there a way to scale the UI down in size? I can't get full screen to work, so I can't change resolution.

Not in any of the current clients that I'm aware of. Full screen is hit and miss. Some people will be able to run it, some won't.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Help!