How to UI

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How to UI

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, novus! I completely over-looked that when writing this. I've updated the first post.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Aata » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 am

thanks for the help.
Aata

Postby Chiprel » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:29 am

:lo cs
:act lo cs
Moves you into char select screen.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks, Chiprel! I'll add them to the list of commands.

edit: assuming these make the same checks as the :lo and :act lo commands (force a log out or make a check for a safe log out)?
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Chiprel » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:53 am

After checking it again seems that:
:lo cs -does nothing. Only 'lo' is being used from this command.(just assumed it will work after testing :act lo cs itself :P)
:act lo cs -does check if your char can be removed from world and if it can then it puts you in char select screen. If it can't safely logout then you get: "You cannot log out right now" msg. So this command wont let you logout when you are KO'ed/in combat/with crime debuff.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby gehawk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 am

Is there any way to make the graphics of the game smoother? Or any camera mode I need to be on? I see moving pixels all the time when I move my character.
I remember there was an option in the Enders client of HnH which smoothened everything

Quick edit : I checked HnH And it was better when setting the camera to freestyle mode. This is not the case in Salem

Any suggestion on this one? when I look at youtube movies they always seem alot smoother compared to my video settings
gehawk

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 am

Could be something in your graphics driver settings. You can try turning anti-aliasing on. Running at a resolution that isn't ideal for your monitor can cause things like this, too.

@Chiprel: thanks for the update. I'll change the OP.
MagicManICT

Postby gehawk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Could be something in your graphics driver settings. You can try turning anti-aliasing on. Running at a resolution that isn't ideal for your monitor can cause things like this, too.

@Chiprel: thanks for the update. I'll change the OP.

I tried changing my graph card settings but it didn't work out.
I also tried to change the resolution with :fsmode 800 600 for example but nothing happens? I have noticed when I switch to fullscreen I am currently on a very low resolution. Is there also a way to change the starting up resolution in a config file? Thanks!
gehawk

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 am

When you use the :fsmode command, use the values for the resolution you normally run at. If you experience slow gameplay, adjust down from there. Check your video card or monitor documentation to see what valid resolution settings are.
MagicManICT

Postby venom801 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:06 am

Maybe i missed it but is there a command to check your fps?
venom801

PreviousNext

Return to Help!