Teleporting to a friend?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Teleporting to a friend?

Postby Experimax » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:26 am

Is there a way to teleport a friend to my homestead? I found the perfect spot to start after we both used our "Complimentary guide" thing. Is there an easier way than walking? Cause he's convinced he'd never reach me because the world is too big.
Any help would be appreciated.
Experimax

Re: Teleporting to a friend?

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:28 am

He could just make a new character. Single smooth stone is all it takes to teleport said character to you.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Experimax » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:32 am

So the only way to do it is with the "Complimentary Guide" thing, right?
Experimax

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 am

That is correct. First though, you need to have a claim up. Then your friend can use your homestead secret to teleport to your location after he learns 'survival skills'.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Experimax » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:36 am

Okay, so if he used up his only "complimentary guide" then he can't use my homestead secret to get to me?

Is it even possible to walk to someones claim? Because he walked for an hour and a half, following the arrow on the Enders Client (while in my party) and also used "Follow" and still didn't get to me. He gave up because he said "The game world is bigger than Earth!" (which is good)

At this point, it seems the only way to really start a homestead together is walk from Boston, and find a place far away (Which would take forever)
Experimax

Postby navi33 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:52 am

maybe try finding yourself on the map then decide if he can walk it if not then new char i guess
http://ad.lylay.com/hts/smap.html
navi33

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am

It can take more than a few hours to travel to someone by foot. Don't give up. It'll just take a few evenings. If you can get the hiking skill, make lean-tos as you go and set them as a homestead so you can forage around some and have a "save point" in case you accidentally get ran over by a bear or snake.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby LeftyRighty » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:16 pm

... can you pay silver for a teleport to a friend? or does it only work with the complimentary teleport?
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 pm

LeftyRighty wrote:... can you pay silver for a teleport to a friend? or does it only work with the complimentary teleport?

Only works with complimentary teleport, this thread discusses the potential of paying silver for it.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=82
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Flameturtle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Made the walk myself. Took me about 2 and a half hours, from boston to the very north of the map. Really wasn't that bad, you're training your skills and eating for gluttony the whole time.
Flameturtle

Next

Return to Help!