Client Crash

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Client Crash

Postby Nixton » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:33 pm

I actually can't believe what's just happened to me.

After walking around for HOURS to find indian feathers, I finally set off with my money and a claim certificate.
Two hours inland my client CRASHES and I get KO'd by a snake while I can't get back in because I'm "already logged in"

So now I log back in and I'm back at Boston with sweet eff-ay and I'm really not impressed.

I wouldn't mind but I actually used the store to buy some gold which is now gone.

All of this and it's in no way my fault.
Nixton

Re: Client Crash

Postby Qukatt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:37 pm

You forgot to buy the backpack and purse to protect stuff against ko?

Priorities!

Anyways if you get a crash start task manager and end java processes in order to fully log out, this should protect you against combat and hopefully catch you from a full ko in case of initiated combat. I'm always pretty sure to do that since a similar pre wipe incident.

:) happy hunting!
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby Nixton » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Qukatt wrote:You forgot to buy the backpack and purse to protect stuff against ko?

Priorities!

Anyways if you get a crash start task manager and end java processes in order to fully log out, this should protect you against combat and hopefully catch you from a full ko in case of initiated combat. I'm always pretty sure to do that since a similar pre wipe incident.

:) happy hunting!

I'll remember the backpack for next time, but I had a purse and my money is gone?

As for task manager, it's the first thing I did but there seemed to be maybe five different javaw.exe's running so by the time I closed them all it was too late.
Nixton

Postby Bluestone » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Did you equip your purse or just have it in your inventory?
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Qukatt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 pm

******. Did you place the money into the purse?

If it was deff in the purse you could try reclaim it from merciful devs (send them some jäger for all those late nights ;) )

But otherwise I think this is a live and learn scenario. Some of us lift logs and find snakes, some of thing that the wall corner posts are what you have to build all the way around and are like wtf expensive build wait what's this.... Aaarghhhh

And some spend real money to find the flaw in the beta. :(
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Qukatt wrote:You forgot to buy the backpack and purse to protect stuff against ko?

I had no idea this was possible. Why didn't you tell me? :)
loftar

Postby Nixton » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 pm

I only got my key off someone two days ago so there's a few things I've learned the hard way...

I guess I'm just gutted because I was going to get my first claim and try building a homestead properly.

Ah well, live and learn indeed!
Nixton

Postby staxjax » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 pm

loftar wrote:

So...you are saying that a backpack is not supposed to save items when you get KO'd ?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:31 am

No. I thought jorb had known about it. I figured it was one of those "we've had other priorities" things.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Qukatt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 am

loftar wrote:

urm... I thought it was WAI

.... ****...

Move along devs NOTHING TO SEE!!! My backpack totally drops everything on KO all the time *nudges Stax*
Qukatt

Next

Return to Help!