Yellow Bile drops rapidly

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Yellow Bile drops rapidly

Postby SALEM007 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

If a witch's curse is actually something ingame and you guys aren't just yanking my chain, that's actually kinda cool. How do I get rid of it?
SALEM007

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Witchcraft has apparently (we might be getting trolled, but we think not) just been added to the game. Curses fund numen to the witch to power other spells (flying around on a broom is the only one we know of). As far as I can guess, the only way to get rid of it would be to get yourself KOed?

Complete guess though, I don't know if it's a bug, a real curse or something unknown.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 pm

But from an early description by jorb, witchcraft works on tools to generate numen. There might be something you can cast on players, but the only place I can imagine doing it reliably is in Boston.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Chiprel » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:00 pm

MagicManICT wrote:But from an early description by jorb, witchcraft works on tools to generate numen. There might be something you can cast on players, but the only place I can imagine doing it reliably is in Boston.

I don't think that this is/will be possible in Boston non pvp zone. That would enforce usage of alts to visit Boston.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 am

Well, yeah, that's my point. Also according to that interview, curses should leave criminal scents. If that's the case, doing it in Boston would be impossible.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 am

I could have sworn they mentioned hexes which could be placed on pilgrims ontop of curses for the buildings/animals.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Help!