What to work towards in the beginning?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

What to work towards in the beginning?

Postby rahl005 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 am

Ok so I am pretty well supplied but I am having trouble figuring out what to do about making money. Feathers are few and far between. So I am trying to figure out the quickest way to start making some kind of money to expand and purchase a claim. Any recommendations?
rahl005

Re: What to work towards in the beginning?

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 am

Get small game hunting and kill every rabbit and dry the hides and sell them. Work toward agriculture and grow lots of cotton and sell cloth.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Flameturtle » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Rush indian tracking and sell savage charms. Much better, though not as reliable.
Flameturtle

Postby rahl005 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks alot sabinati!

@FlameTurtle (Awesome name btw) Its is quite unreliable because of the rarity of feathers :/
rahl005

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Feathers aren't as rare as some people are making them out to be. At least, if I have an item radar (use Ender's or APX's client), I find them in about equal amounts.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Potjeh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Can't beat cricket teams if you need a quick buck. Well, you can, but only if you trade with other players.
Potjeh

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Big key with feather finding: Forage helps out a lot for me at least. I find a lot more feathers/hour foraging in a forest than I do wandering or just walking through any other terrain type. And forage is manageable in a forest because there's lots of other goodies you can look for at the same time.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby rahl005 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 am

I've been playing this game for 3 days at about 10 hours a day. Crickets are to tough even with stomp due too the timing, should probably advance my humurs more.

And I have found that forage increases its drop rate quite abit. Thanks Sevenless.
rahl005

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:20 am

rahl005 wrote:I've been playing this game for 3 days at about 10 hours a day. Crickets are to tough even with stomp due too the timing, should probably advance my humurs more.

And I have found that forage increases its drop rate quite abit. Thanks Sevenless.

Just use uppercuts. More dependable.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Help!