Snakes.. Those dirty little long snakes..

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Snakes.. Those dirty little long snakes..

Postby GaraDasha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Its been few days since I started the game and those snakes are the only thing that annoyed me a lot..

I can kill them but later on, even tough I eat to stabilize Phlegm for some time, in the end I faint..
As far as I figured out, the only possible way is to cure it with Rattler Serum.
I've never managed to gather those mats, and they are kinda extremely expensive for a beginner like me..

Rather then logging off and waiting for some time to respawn my home area, is there any other way? If not, should't be? Do we have to die and loose stats just because a snake bit us? Can't a friend of us assist us to get rid of the poison just like in movies ? They can suck the blood out of us maybe? Can be a good idea.. But if ur alone, ur suppose to apply potion to cure it..

If you know any possible way, help please..
GaraDasha

Re: Snakes.. Those dirty little long snakes..

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:21 pm

The poison is supposed to have a timer, but doesn't for some reason. Will most likely be fixed.

As for now, snakes are dangerous. I always avoid fighting them.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby GaraDasha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 pm

If that timer ld be fixed, it will be fine tbh.. But I really liked the idea of sucking the poisoned blood out with an assist of a player :D
GaraDasha

Postby naosnule » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Yeah, they are dangerous to any player and it is one of the reasons why you should never afk in an area that isn't walled in. I like them because I will never stop being afraid of them no matter how high humors.
naosnule

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Good to know its a bug =)
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Droj wrote:Good to know its a bug =)

I'm trying to find the post jorb or loftar did about it, but I can't seem to :x
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

TotalyMoo

Postby Potjeh » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:11 pm

You have been poisoned by a Timber Rattler. The effect of the venom will drain your Phlegm, and inevitably knock you out, unless you can administer Rattler Serum in time.

This seems to imply that it's working as intended.
Potjeh

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Potjeh wrote:
You have been poisoned by a Timber Rattler. The effect of the venom will drain your Phlegm, and inevitably knock you out, unless you can administer Rattler Serum in time.

This seems to imply that it's working as intended.

Very strange, I was almost 100% sure that one of the devs said it should last for a max of 5 minutes.

EDIT: My bad, I totally misread what loftar said. Poison is working as intended.

TotalyMoo

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:The poison is supposed to have a timer, but doesn't for some reason. Will most likely be fixed.

I seem to recall loftar saying it was a 5 minute timer and it is working correctly. I'm not sure how much phlegm is needed to survive that 5 minutes, though... :(
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:The poison is supposed to have a timer, but doesn't for some reason. Will most likely be fixed.

I seem to recall loftar saying it was a 5 minute timer and it is working correctly. I'm not sure how much phlegm is needed to survive that 5 minutes, though... :(

I recalled the same thing, but talked to him now and I misread it.

He said it has an implicit timer in the fact that you will eventually get knocked out, whatever you do. It's only a matter of time.

TotalyMoo

Next

Return to Help!