How can I inherit my stall?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How can I inherit my stall?

Postby Zou » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Stall inheritance isn't it yet, I don't think.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby staxjax » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Don't worry, you can just rebuy it once you cant pay the rent and it is no longer owned by your old character.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby staxjax » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:14 pm

I agree, you should be able to inherit the family business along with the claimed land when you die.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Except it isn't $100 US because you can make that much just killing crickets in a week or so. Depending on stats, you might be able to pull it off in a few days.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 pm

$100 USD equals 5000 salem silver,

BUT:

5000 salem silver does not equal $100 USD.

That is why saying a stall costs $100 USD is not valid, you can have a stall and not have paid a cent in real money.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:11 am

I heard someone recently got summoned murdered for griefing newbies not far from Boston. This person was also a well known trader and owned a stall, was this you?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Bluestone » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 am

The risks of a life of crime :P
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby naosnule » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:38 am

dazedsuper wrote:
Droj wrote:I heard someone recently got summoned murdered for griefing newbies not far from Boston. This person was also a well known trader and owned a stall, was this you?

Lol nope; I had only killed one person that was near my land. I have a feeling someone just ran across my scent. I only killed in defense. Well I guess I ko'd in defense; and had just got killing blow so decided to check it out. And this was a few days before I purchased my stall. Bu t to stay on topic; I'm not bellyaching about my stall (maybe a little) I just want a concrete answer.

That person stole from you/attacked you? The person you "ko'd in defense".
naosnule

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:38 am

dazedsuper wrote:
naosnule wrote:
dazedsuper wrote:
Lol nope; I had only killed one person that was near my land. I have a feeling someone just ran across my scent. I only killed in defense. Well I guess I ko'd in defense; and had just got killing blow so decided to check it out. And this was a few days before I purchased my stall. Bu t to stay on topic; I'm not bellyaching about my stall (maybe a little) I just want a concrete answer.

That person stole from you/attacked you? The person you "ko'd in defense".

Well they were near my land; I asked them to leave bc I didn't know their attention. They ran at me and I stabbed them; so if you about game mechanics and how I got summoned; I technically probably got off the first hit. But please keep this on topic about stall inheritance; I really want an answer so I can figure out how to proceed. Thanks.

So this your account of the events that lead to the demise of your character. You KO'd or killed a helpless newb who had every right to live in the same world as you. So instead of coming to some sort of mutually beneficial agreement you decided to 'stab them because they came at me'. You do the deed, expect the consequences. Retribution has been dealt yet somehow you claim to be the victim. If you feel that you were unlawfully killed maybe I would be more sympathetic towards you and your issue, however I believe this isn't the case.

Stax is right. When your toon is dead you lose everything aside from claims if you had any to inherit. On the subject of stalls, due to the limited number of them the absence of yours will indeed provide the opportunity for a more newb friendly trader to setup shop in Salem. Accept it as a loss and move on.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:36 am

The economics discussion is a moot point. The question is: SHOULD one be allowed to inherit the stall or not? If I understand the mechanics right, it does belong to the character and only that character can access it, just like a personal claim. It might have been overlooked. It might be intentional.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to Help!