How can I inherit my stall?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How can I inherit my stall?

Postby Glennfinnan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:47 am

An important IRC talk in this matter :

" if the owner of a stall dies, will his succcessor inherit the stand too?"

04:09:14: <loftar> Ah, no, not yet. I haven't implemented that yet, ******** It's coming.

I had to delete some names in this talk as I dont know if Im supposed to use them publicly.
Last edited by Glennfinnan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glennfinnan

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 am

MagicManICT wrote:The economics discussion is a moot point. The question is: SHOULD one be allowed to inherit the stall or not? If I understand the mechanics right, it does belong to the character and only that character can access it, just like a personal claim. It might have been overlooked. It might be intentional.

I would prefer stalls be inheritable if it comes down to that. If we're talking village stalls (and we will be obviously) it's just a huge mess to make them un-inheritable. It will simply lead to stall owning alt characters.

It's kind of dumb to force people to use alts when we can simply slightly alter in game mechanics to prevent the need for said "abuse".
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Glennfinnan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 am

I have no clue if you will inherit your current stand. I dont think this was answered but maybe I missed something. You will do best asking the dev team yourself I guess, I shared all of my knowledge in this matter.

@ Sevenless

You have to also remember that the character owning the stand has to be around his/her leanto 24/7 because stands can be 'emptied' within few hours even if fully stocked.
Id be much more interested to see an option to assign privileges to other characters so they can use the stand as well instead.
Glennfinnan

Postby Glennfinnan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:22 am

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server ... l=%23salem

But Im almost sure theyre in their beds right now.
Glennfinnan

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 am

I prefer a client to access IRC. The web-based clients can be... squirrelly. I've always recommended mIRC (been using it for nearly 20 years now), but it is shareware and has a really annoying delay at launch if you don't register. There's a couple good public domain/freeware clients, too.

Back to topic: Yeah, I definitely want them to be inheritable. Even if you just grind out the silver for them instead of spending cash, that's way too much silver to lose (not to mention the contents, which could be as much or more).

dazedsuper wrote:So if it's just not implemented yet does that mean I will get it back? I realize that there may not be an answer to this yet; I'm just curious.

Probably not. At least, that was the case with personal claims before inheritance was added in.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 am

You will get it back one way or another. I will try to have it fixed tonight.
jorb

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:14 pm

dazedsuper wrote:
jorb wrote:You will get it back one way or another. I will try to have it fixed tonight.

Great news; thanks!

The joy of reading through a thread and see that Jorb has already fixed it :)

I'm glad this got solved, locking this thread as it has been solved.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby loftar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:12 pm

I think I have fixed this now, but please verify so that it is properly fixed. I'm unlocking the thread again so that verification can be had. :)
loftar

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 am

dazedsuper wrote:Does this mean they are inheritable now?

It does. :)
loftar

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 am

Good job Dev team :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Help!