Assigning a different camera button?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Assigning a different camera button?

Postby tailoredw » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Is there a way to assign a different mouse button to rotate the camera?
Apparently the mouse I have (Logitech M305) has issues with the middle mouse button...
tailoredw

Re: Assigning a different camera button?

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Are you using the Logitech drivers (or even the default Windows driver) to remap the middle mouse button to something special? Check your drivers for this as it's probably what is causing the issue. If you want to keep that functionality, you can make a shortcut to your driver controls on the desktop so you can quickly change it when you want to play games and back when you're done.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby tailoredw » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Well, apparently there's a workaround for the middle-click. It's just long and involves a 3rd party workaround to be able to set the function to a different button. (If anyone needs this workaround, let me know.)

Lesson: Do not buy Logitech mice without first researching which functions are assignable to which buttons, and which buttons are too "touchy" to use reliably.

Alternatively, IS there a way to assign different buttons/keystrokes to different functions in Salem?
tailoredw

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Not currently from what I understand. I put in a request for this more or less a little while ago though.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby mmo4gamer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 am

I had to rebind my mouse to a side button because it was killing my finger to both scroll and hold down to turn the camera. Rotating the camera every other second hurts. Thankfully my mouse had rebind functionality in the program that came with it. Doesn't windows have a way to rebind your mouse? Check the control panel.
mmo4gamer

Postby MaxColby » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:15 am

It would be nice.
I'm on a laptop just using the built in mouse, so I can't rotate the camera at all. Pretty frustrating when you're at the wrong angle.
MaxColby

Postby milonti » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Hence why I leave my camera on Free Cam mode XD

Also to those on laptops:
Try clicking both buttons. Generally that counts as a middle click on Windows systems.
milonti

Postby Droj » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Would be nice to be able to rotate the camera on the Z axis using the Q & E keys.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Return to Help!