Indian feathers

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Indian feathers

Postby chanpod » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 am

How rare are these? and what's the best way to get silver besides buying it...we need to settle so my wife can tele to us. This is ridiculous as far as joining friends. It takes way too long to get to the point where you can teleport to a friend : / and the world is too large to feasibly run to them if they get teleported to the far end. (which we seem to be) Just want the three of us to play together : /
chanpod

Re: Indian feathers

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:29 am

Seems like I get a feather or arrowhead at about 1 per 100x100 tile square. Arrowheads seem to be a bit more common than feathers. Some will say different. Nobody quite knows the exact number. Best way to get them? Download one of the custom clients that have a radar. You can walk right past them and not even realize it because it's out of the viewport.

We've made the point about getting friends together. See this post.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby chanpod » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:35 am

custom clients... Where do you get those?
chanpod

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:15 am

See the "Artifice & Arcana" forum for clients, mods, and extra tools.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby robo19 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 am

If you haven't walked more than 3 hours from boston....then not farm enough...

lol but yes; just like another thread about getting silver, I recommend selling items like Hay(3s-5s), Devilwort (2s-3s), or even high-inspirations like singing logs (20s)! Look for these and you'll get feathers on the way!
robo19

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:40 am

Don't expect anything in this game to be fast. And please don't try convince the dev's to make anything fast...
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Three hours from Boston? Unless they've expanded the map (like was said), that would put you at the N or S border.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:51 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Three hours from Boston? Unless they've expanded the map (like was said), that would put you at the N or S border.

Word is that server border has been removed and we're back to a 10 hour wide world. Can't confirm it personally, but the fact that people have mentioned living in legit darkness again suggests it's true.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 pm

I missed a bit of map to stitch together so I am a bit lost in my new place but I am 90% certain I am past the old invisible border.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Return to Help!