Not settled

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Not settled

Postby Jikuu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

My friend just used his free random teleport, and gave me his code so I could join him. However it says he has 'not settled'.

Not sure if it's because his lean-to is half in a mountain or something else.

Anyone else has similar experience or know a work around? I don't fancy walking who knows how far to find him :(

Regards,
Jikuu
Jikuu

Re: Not settled

Postby Tennenoth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 pm

That's the "moutain" issue, I have no idea if I am supposed to be able to get access to the thing, but that's where the random teleporter placed me.
Checking on the wiki, I assume that I need to have the skill of "settling" before it'll say that I have "settled" and therefore allowing Jikuu to use my secret to teleport himself to me. (Not quite like H&H with the hearthfire secret like we assume it is.)

Cheers guys,

Tenne.

P.S. Probably being stupid here (as well), but why isn't there a spoiler tag? That massive image is rather annoying.
Tennenoth

Postby staxjax » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 pm

The reason he cannot join you is because you can only teleport to your friends claim. Get settling, build claim post, and set it to your homestead and he will be able to teleport to you.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Tennenoth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 pm

staxjax wrote:The reason he cannot join you is because you can only teleport to your friends claim. Get settling, build claim post, and set it to your homestead and he will be able to teleport to you.

Alright, it's as we thought, thank you for your time!
Rather a large negative to be honest with you. Same as that bloody disorientating camera that makes sure that your character is always going up... So very lost... Cold...
Tennenoth

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46 am

Loftar mentioned it was put in as an anti-griefing measure to prevent people spamming alts at your leanto. Hopefully we can find a way around it so beginners can use leanto spawns.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 am

Tennenoth wrote:P.S. Probably being stupid here (as well), but why isn't there a spoiler tag? That massive image is rather annoying.

New forum. The style and custom features such as spoiler tags (potentially) are under development and will hopefully be implemented soon.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby staxjax » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Tennenoth wrote:Alright, it's as we thought, thank you for your time!
Rather a large negative to be honest with you. Same as that bloody disorientating camera that makes sure that your character is always going up... So very lost... Cold...

I dislike the autofollow camera as well, that is why I use a custom client. Check the arcana subforum for modded clients.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Tennenoth » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Bluestone - Ah, seems reasonable, glad I wasn't just being a muppet! ;)

Staxjax - Yep. I remembered "Ender" from H&H and found that he created one for Salem as well, now I'm not getting lost as easily! :D

Sevenless - That would be nice, but I can understand the reasoning when you put it like that. Also, massive thanks for the newbie thread, really bloody helpful, great job.

Cheers guys,

Tenne.
Tennenoth

Return to Help!