[fixed] Captain doesn't like any of my names

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

[fixed] Captain doesn't like any of my names

Postby MAKroy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Just picked up beta access (finally) from mmorpg.com. Happy days. At least... well... couldn't get the client working in Chrome (no problem). Switched to IE (10) and it worked. I have read the instructions in-game, bought my first skill, put on some clothes, change my hair colour and style... Now I'm trying to get off the island via giving the captain my name, the window pops up, but no matter what I type there are only two responses. 1) Nothing. 2) This name is too long. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but this is beta, right? If I can't get access as a new player, then that's still valid feedback... thanks in advance for your help.

edit: I restarted the client and it worked this time. AHh well. beta is beta!
Last edited by MAKroy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAKroy

Re: Captain doesn't like any of my names

Postby Zou » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Type it in and press enter. The window will close and you can right click the boat to leave.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Re: [fixed] Captain doesn't like any of my names

Postby MAKroy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 pm

thanks Zou, that wasn't the problem. I WAS doing that, but nothing happened. I restarted client and it's fixed. Thanks for the response though. Always good sign when people are willing to offer any help!
MAKroy

Re: [fixed] Captain doesn't like any of my names

Postby milonti » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:19 pm

I suggest downloading one of the 3rd party clients
milonti

Return to Help!