Do I need a farmers house?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Do I need a farmers house?

Postby Banok » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm

so can i build a stove in a pilgrims hovel? if so is there any point in building farmers house if I dont plan on using cupboards? I dont want to make 15 hay and it takes up valuable claim space.
Banok

Re: Do I need a farmers house?

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm

There is no pratical use for a farm house, imo. You can fit plenty of cupboards in a pilgrims hovel and they take up much less room.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Dancer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 pm

confirmed the building of stove in pilgrims hovel ;)
Dancer

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Honestly right now houses are less useful then I foresee them being down the road. The hay requirement really isn't difficult at all, and you get equal indoor space compared to the outdoor space requirement. Cupboards are really only required by larger settlements as a hermit can get along just fine with chests. That being said, they exist for a reason. I'm expecting more utility out of them than just stoves in the future, like other structures requiring indoor space.

Answer: As a hermit no you don't. But you might have to make one down the line as new updates roll out.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Help!