Summon system

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Summon system

Postby lalllall » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Can someone explain this to me? Didnt think it was implemented yet
lalllall

Re: Summon system

Postby Droj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Crimes that leave evidence are summon-able.

Collect Evidence = Larceny, Battery? Waste & Murder.

You can track scents to the perp or the claim. Scents/Evidence each have 10 charges of which is equal to 10 minutes of track time iirc.

Scents = Trespassing, Assault
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 pm

All crimes give tracking ticks, the sommonable scents also give evidence that is used to summon the character at their claim/leanto. Each scent you "track" that is unique and belongs to the same perpetrator gives you 10 ticks. The only way to track at a distance is to collect a whole bunch of these scents obviously. Multiple perps makes this a problem. Scents disappear with age, the more serious the crime the longer the scent sticks around.

The issue is, murder gives only 10 ticks like anything else. Of all the crimes, murder leaves the least scents if they don't steal items off the corpse. Each stolen item however leaves 10 more ticks, so if it was for the items you get a fair number of scents.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks for your help. I hade evidence in my inventory of my alt charachter but now its gone. Does evidence also have some kind of lifespan besides the limited amount of ticks?
lalllall

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah, there's a lifespan on evidence. I'm not sure anyone knows the exact times yet, but I believe jorb or loftar one has hinted that murder evidence should last a few month.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Yeah, there's a lifespan on evidence. I'm not sure anyone knows the exact times yet, but I believe jorb or loftar one has hinted that murder evidence should last a few month.

It could easily have changed but I seem to remember murder lasting roughly a month in pre-com.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to Help!