Why did my house disappear?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Why did my house disappear?

Postby robo19 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:49 am

So basically me and my village partner have been in our town for a few hours; partner starts to build a Farmer house, i load the 12 nails into it. She chops wood for it, I get caught up in other stuff. Neither of us left town, so we are 100000% sure this is not player related. We look and poof, sign is gone, all 12 nails gone.
My partner claims this could be the "counter" for the sign-stomping method but truthfully we are baffled by this. 12 nails is a LOT of work for a bug to destroy!

Need some insight on this bullsht!
At the very least I am setting a warning out there, DO NOT leave valuable resources in building signs, start from worthless to priceless.
robo19

Re: Why did my house disappear?

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 pm

robo19 wrote:So basically me and my village partner have been in our town for a few hours; partner starts to build a Farmer house, i load the 12 nails into it. She chops wood for it, I get caught up in other stuff. Neither of us left town, so we are 100000% sure this is not player related. We look and poof, sign is gone, all 12 nails gone.
My partner claims this could be the "counter" for the sign-stomping method but truthfully we are baffled by this. 12 nails is a LOT of work for a bug to destroy!

Need some insight on this bullsht!
At the very least I am setting a warning out there, DO NOT leave valuable resources in building signs, start from worthless to priceless.

Was the sign on a claim? Otherwise you could have been hit by some super unlucky decay.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby palamnaeuss » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Moo, as I know you can't build house outside of claim, so I guess it was in.
robo, did you only put those nails in or did you also click build to use them (was it 0/12/0 or 0/0/12)? if you only put them on site and didn't build (0/12/0), someone could have passed by and collect them... do you have fences/walls?
palamnaeuss

Postby sabinati » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:09 pm

palamnaeuss wrote:Moo, as I know you can't build house outside of claim, so I guess it was in.

what
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:50 pm

palamnaeuss wrote:Moo, as I know you can't build house outside of claim, so I guess it was in.
robo, did you only put those nails in or did you also click build to use them (was it 0/12/0 or 0/0/12)? if you only put them on site and didn't build (0/12/0), someone could have passed by and collect them... do you have fences/walls?

You can. Just needs flat land.

To be fair though, that would be a reasonable restriction if houses were given a couple more buffs to make them very needed. Atm they are mostly a luxury outside stoves.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby palamnaeuss » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm

in beta before wipe I tried to make house outside of claim (on flat land) and it said 'cannot build there'. so I assumed it must be in claim XD sorry for misinformation XD
and yeah, houses should be more useful...
palamnaeuss

Postby Zou » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 pm

If the build sign looked like 0/12/0, it's possible that someone came along and took all the nails out of the build sign.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:06 pm

palamnaeuss wrote:in beta before wipe I tried to make house outside of claim (on flat land) and it said 'cannot build there'. so I assumed it must be in claim XD sorry for misinformation XD

Possible you were building on terrain that didn't allow a house on it?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby robo19 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 am

It must have been decay; i was unaware my partner hadn't fully claimed her land and it was in a spot unclaimed.

The nails were not built in (she says by building them in it wouldnt have happened) though either way we have rebuilt the house and have nearly forgotten the whole ordeal (almost).
robo19

Return to Help!