biggest FML + WTF ever!!!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

biggest FML + WTF ever!!!

Postby robo19 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 am

So basically I just emptied my ore smelter; 2 iron bars; refilled it, made 5 tinder drills. usually I dont break more than 2. (Full blood btw)

I start the first one--- breaks.
2nd one -- breaks
3rd one breaks 0.5 seconds after 10% (wtf)
4th one breaks at about 60%
No way 5th one will break.... little did i see my 3.6 blood....

BREAK!!!! KO'd by Tinder!!!!!!

Now to make my "WTF" a "FML" the 2 iron bars I got from last batch, 1 is stuck in the "hit box" of the smelter. Tried every angle but it just wont grab it.

So why make this post?

PLEASE fix this "stuck item" bug fix (countless times where my client crashes while im next to something and 1/3 of my items are lost due to being stuck in building/object.
robo19

Re: biggest FML + WTF ever!!!

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 am

Why not light a torch, use the torch to light a fireplace, keep the fireplace burning while you're playing, use that to light your torch, and use the torch to light the smelters? Pretty sure you can do that. (If you can't, it's a bug....)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:55 am

lol, who lights smelters with tinderdrills? So much easier to keep a fireplace going and use a torch to light the smelters. As for the hitbox thing, yeah it needs fixing...I had to destroy my leanto cuz I crashed when tping from boston and my stuff was stuck underneath of it. If I were you I probably would have destroyed the smelter to get the iron bar ;p
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:59 am

Oh, and with a current (assuming) bug, you can keep a fire lit "forever" currently: log out with a lit torch. When you get back on, it's still lit and you can relight your fireplace.

If you're not a "cheap bastard" like me, go buy some flint and steel. They always work, it's quick, and has 10 uses.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 am

Last I checked, I couldn't buy a flint and steel at the company stalls.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby robo19 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:01 am

Well I had no idea you could use a torch to light things (thought it was specifically for "lighting" mines and "darkness");

I am still huddled next to my dear lost friend (the iron bar) but hopefully I can maybe lag or something and snag it; I was hoping to learn of a "trick" anyone found to grabbing "stuck" items but instead I learned how to properly light stuff; overall I payed 1 iron bar to learn this information (and a couple skill points). Not my best deal but I thank you guys for giving me that much.
robo19

Postby five9 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:54 pm

one should be aware of the possibilities of a tinder box failing ( being ko'd)

but yes the pickup needs fixed
five9

Postby painhertz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:35 pm

robo19 wrote:Well I had no idea you could use a torch to light things (thought it was specifically for "lighting" mines and "darkness");

I am still huddled next to my dear lost friend (the iron bar) but hopefully I can maybe lag or something and snag it; I was hoping to learn of a "trick" anyone found to grabbing "stuck" items but instead I learned how to properly light stuff; overall I payed 1 iron bar to learn this information (and a couple skill points). Not my best deal but I thank you guys for giving me that much.

........ Oh Dearest me.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Return to Help!