Carrying and moving stuff

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Carrying and moving stuff

Postby weirdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:49 am

Something is bothering me. When I pick up and move a Chest I always end up carrying it with the opening forward, thus whenever I put it down it lands with the "lock" and opening backwards. Say I want to place a chest next to a hedge. It would open backwards... Is there any way to reverse this? Make my guy carry it backwards so when placed it lands correct or rotate an already placed item?

weirdg

Re: Carrying and moving stuff

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 am

To my knowledge no. And if there really isn't, it'd be a nice little thing if they could make chests be placed facing you for us aesthetic types.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Droj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 am

I think it's hitbox related too because the way the chest has an opening state
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:16 am

yeah the back of the chest has a bigger hitbox than the closed chest does. If you don't tuck that away people walk into it all the time.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 am

Doesn't APX have a tool in his client so that chests get set down the right direction? Other than that, it's just aesthetic. It doesn't really change how the game plays. It's probably something simple to fix this overall, too. My first (but probably wrong) guess would be to rotate the orientation of the model 180 deg when picked up as picking an object up always orients it to a certain facing.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!