Alright Turkeys, I've had enough of your S**t

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Alright Turkeys, I've had enough of your S**t

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Has anyone managed to get anything more than droppings out of them? It's been two days now and I have two full coops of hens + 1 gobbler each. Not an egg in sight.

If you've managed to get some, please explain how you think you did so and screen shotty your coup arrangement in case that's relevant.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Re: Alright Turkeys, I've had enough of your S**t

Postby sabinati » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:27 pm

They don't lay eggs unless you have the skill Animal Husbandry, after which you can perform a wedding ceremony for the turkeys. :troll:
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Done. Now how long until I get my damn eggs?
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby palamnaeuss » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:12 pm

maybe 1 gobbler alone can't manage to do all the work with so many hens :P
though in real, gobbler isn't needed for hens to lay eggs... and btw, why everyone assume that hens lay eggs? maybe in Salem gobblers lay eggs XD
palamnaeuss

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm

I got an egg last night. It is very slow to hatch, but atleast it has a timer. Looks to be 48h wait time before the egg will hatch.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Droj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:38 pm

From what I can make of it, around 72hrs after Turkeys have been placed in the coop they begin producing eggs once every 8 hrs. This is what I have concluded so far with 2 gobblers and many hens.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Droj wrote:From what I can make of it, around 72hrs after Turkeys have been placed in the coop they begin producing eggs once every 8 hrs. This is what I have concluded so far with 2 gobblers and many hens.

I think it was 48hrs after being placed in the coop. Only 1 gobbler, and I got 2 eggs in my coop.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am

Someone mentioned that you need space under the hen to actually get an egg.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:Someone mentioned that you need space under the hen to actually get an egg.

Quite likely. Droppings take up the lowest and leftmost slots automatically, so you should have your gobbler down in the bottom left.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Be worth the experiment (or pestering loftar) about it to see what the requirements to lay eggs are and to get them to hatch. Is it the same as in HnH, or did they change the mechanics?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!